The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Independent Event Yorkshire Dales day out, Saturday 6th July 2024

CrossHillsFarm

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
I’m going to lead a non-scratchy green laning day out in the Yorkshire Dales on Saturday 6th July just for Grenadiers. Everywhere we go will be suitable for Fieldmasters with road-biased tyres, although A/T tyres are preferred. As much as possible I’ll pick routes that won’t attack the paintwork, but I can’t guarantee it as lanes can quickly become overgrown at this time of year (but no pushing past tree branches). There may be a few fords to cross, but nothing deep or prolonged.

No previous experience required, just a taxed and insured Grenadier. Everywhere we go is technically on a road. If you break down then we’ll do our best to get you back to tarmac for your recovery service to pick you up. Bring a pack-up to keep you going during the day, and a camera to capture some amazing views. If you’ve got a CB radio (or a programmable PMR) so we can communicate from vehicle to vehicle that is always a bonus.

I’ll lead the day in accordance with GLASS code of conduct, driving at no more than 12mph on unsurfaced roads, and being courteous to all other road users. I take no responsibility for the safety of you, your passengers or your vehicle, I’m simply sharing my hobby with other like-minded people.

Maximum 6 vehicles. If you want to come along please sign up in the Facebook group (link below). I’ll sort out a route and let attendees know where to meet.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
JEALOUS!!!!!

I think the Dales are among the most beautiful of places. Can’t wait to see the pictures.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
Bit too far for me, as the last time I did any green laning that far up, I went for about 6 days.

Good luck with it and no doubt it will be a cracker. 👍

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m going to lead a non-scratchy green laning day out in the Yorkshire Dales on Saturday 6th July just for Grenadiers. Everywhere we go will be suitable for Fieldmasters with road-biased tyres, although A/T tyres are preferred. As much as possible I’ll pick routes that won’t attack the paintwork, but I can’t guarantee it as lanes can quickly become overgrown at this time of year (but no pushing past tree branches). There may be a few fords to cross, but nothing deep or prolonged.

No previous experience required, just a taxed and insured Grenadier. Everywhere we go is technically on a road. If you break down then we’ll do our best to get you back to tarmac for your recovery service to pick you up. Bring a pack-up to keep you going during the day, and a camera to capture some amazing views. If you’ve got a CB radio (or a programmable PMR) so we can communicate from vehicle to vehicle that is always a bonus.

I’ll lead the day in accordance with GLASS code of conduct, driving at no more than 12mph on unsurfaced roads, and being courteous to all other road users. I take no responsibility for the safety of you, your passengers or your vehicle, I’m simply sharing my hobby with other like-minded people.

Maximum 6 vehicles. If you want to come along please sign up in the Facebook group (link below). I’ll sort out a route and let attendees know where to meet.

I have done some lanes in the area in my previous car (Freelander 2), always stayed on the non-damaging lanes using TW2, I have been hoping to try a few more now I have the Grenadier. (Fieldmaster but with front & rear lockers & K02's). I haven't had chance to use mine properly yet.
Please let me know if you have a place left so that I could tag along nearer the time, I don't want to be a definite for someone else to miss out as I won't know until much nearer the time. I don't have Facebook so can't message you there.
I am a GLASS member, I'm guessing you are too

CrossHillsFarm

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have done some lanes in the area in my previous car (Freelander 2), always stayed on the non-damaging lanes using TW2, I have been hoping to try a few more now I have the Grenadier. (Fieldmaster but with front & rear lockers & K02's). I haven't had chance to use mine properly yet.
Please let me know if you have a place left so that I could tag along nearer the time, I don't want to be a definite for someone else to miss out as I won't know until much nearer the time. I don't have Facebook so can't message you there.
I am a GLASS member, I'm guessing you are too
Yes, a member of GLASS and AllTerrainUK. There’s plenty of space for now. I’ll be in touch next week.

Reactions: CRH

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a look at AllterrainUK, what's there maps Luke compared to TW2. I've always just had a look where lanes are checked Google maps and street view then used mobile with the app? Would you recommend one over the other?

CrossHillsFarm

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a look at AllterrainUK, what's there maps Luke compared to TW2. I've always just had a look where lanes are checked Google maps and street view then used mobile with the app? Would you recommend one over the other?
TW2 has much more information but ATUK organise trips, etc. Hence being a member of both.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Hi
I received some sad news last night, I won't be able to make it on Saturday. I really wanted to go on a drive with other people for once. Please send/post pics and videos, also add the lane references so I can look at TW2 if you can. Always enjoy a good map.
Sorry I won't be there, we have family visiting and it wasn't definite until yesterday, I would have preferred to go out in the Grenadier.

Back
Top Bottom