The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Where's the confidence level in the company?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
I now there's going to be the "It's a new vehicle" crowd but lets iron some things out. The IG was marketed as a rugged vehicle that would be widely accessible to the everyday owner. There'd be parts manuals, the ability to order parts directly yourself to install (and be warranted), the ability to use the Bosh network of mechanic shops, plenty of part availability, and our damn jackets.

Everything has stopped. I've been waiting 10 weeks for parts and told that NOW it's because of a factory shutdown. I'd really like someone to make sense of how that plays out. They have parts orders waiting and shut down those lines as well? Where's the software update they said was coming in July? The trailer towing update software that was due out shortly after delivery? The jacket I should have gotten a year ago? I've been waiting 10 weeks for parts and now have several service related messages on my display I simply can't get rid of. I could take it to the dealership and pay their $250 an hour to have them reset it but it's bullshit those are there in the first place. Never seen a vehicle I could reset the factory service. Sorry but I don't go 12k miles, actually using the thing, between oil changes. I do them every 5k. I'm at 14,000 miles and while the vehicle has been great the service from Ineos and the the dealership network has been absolute shit. Ineos doesn't even show mine online as having been produced yet and it was one of the first off the boat in the US. So far they've fallen short on every single bullet point of their mission statements. I went to Moab, had a blast, bent some parts and now it's been 10 WEEKS and zero communication. How can anyone have faith in a product if they can't get any of the parts they need?

With the recent shutting down of the factory and the other promises that have fallen short does anyone else worry about the sustainability of the company? I'm scared to even try and have fun with it because there's no way to fix it.

Local time
Reaction score
Yea. Not having service parts due to an assembly shutdown, is odd. When Ford was stacking assembled cars in need of chips, you could get any part you needed. They didn't kill the rest of the supply chain. I really don't understand whats going on, and I'd like to think they know better than me or anyone else as to how their business is run, but it really smells like the seats killed essential cash flow and the whole system is now in some sort of low cash burn hibernation. It's weird.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
My truck is great. My dealer is great. Ineos Automotive lacks integrity.

Ineos' own words, last week: "we cannot provide a specific timeline for the completion of the entire process at this moment."

WTF. This might be okay if "moment" meant "moment". But Ineos allows "this moment" to exist forever.

Ineos doesn't have many trucks or customers yet so they still have a short time to step up. I wish they were transparent and fixed their order tracking, production tracking, jacket deliveries, service manual availability, and showed owners how to service/modify/reset their trucks. We bought into a true ownership/DIY ethos that they seem to have forgetten about and aren't talking about anymore.

Suggestion: Ineos, as a gesture, why not press "pause" on your shiny Arcane Works and big entry into the Chinese market until you keep your promises and make existing customers whole?

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
I feel the same 5 Months and my truck still isn’t fixed. The list just gets longer every day I own it. I dropped it off on Friday, demanded a loaner and drove home. I’m now 1750KM away. They can keep mine till they fix it or replace it. I even offered to just keep the loaner. It’s far more stable and reliable. I checked the error log for my loaner 0, Zip, Nada, None. Mine has many many many. The answer from Ineos is always the same “Take it to the dealer” the dealer of course has no software for the problems. Lacking Tow Module and Software, Fuel Gauge Software, ADAS Software, Apple CarPlay Software. No service reminder reset (Software)
Power Steering Errors(Software?)
When my dealer asks Ineos they get told nothing, they have asked repeatedly and gotten nowhere. My A/C Evaporator is leaking and “The guy” that knows how to fix it at Ineos is “On Leave” (Quit? Left?) So there it is I’ve resorted to more pressure. I have the loaner, they have the problem child. I’m not driving this one back until mine is fully resolved including ADAD. So Ineos had better get its act together. And the Loaner belongs to Ineos, not the dealership. So it’s now on Ineos to solve it because I have their test Mule.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm not certain about canuk law, but, here if the owner of the car asks for it back and you refuse, they have a few options, the obvious being a 3rd degree felony and a visit from the sheriff depriving you of both the vehicle and 24hrs of freedom. But, I would like to see you finally prevail, so, good luck!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
Here in the uk, my dealer has been excellent. All warranty work has been timely in so far that if they say it takes three weeks to get a part, it’s usually on the vehicle in four. I had a very early example and had a load of stuff to put up with, but I’d not be without it now. It’s rugged, comfortable, practical and rare. Dealing with the idiosyncratic behaviour of Ineos is all part of the brand experience…!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I now there's going to be the "It's a new vehicle" crowd but lets iron some things out. The IG was marketed as a rugged vehicle that would be widely accessible to the everyday owner. There'd be parts manuals, the ability to order parts directly yourself to install (and be warranted), the ability to use the Bosh network of mechanic shops, plenty of part availability, and our damn jackets.

Everything has stopped. I've been waiting 10 weeks for parts and told that NOW it's because of a factory shutdown. I'd really like someone to make sense of how that plays out. They have parts orders waiting and shut down those lines as well? Where's the software update they said was coming in July? The trailer towing update software that was due out shortly after delivery? The jacket I should have gotten a year ago? I've been waiting 10 weeks for parts and now have several service related messages on my display I simply can't get rid of. I could take it to the dealership and pay their $250 an hour to have them reset it but it's bullshit those are there in the first place. Never seen a vehicle I could reset the factory service. Sorry but I don't go 12k miles, actually using the thing, between oil changes. I do them every 5k. I'm at 14,000 miles and while the vehicle has been great the service from Ineos and the the dealership network has been absolute shit. Ineos doesn't even show mine online as having been produced yet and it was one of the first off the boat in the US. So far they've fallen short on every single bullet point of their mission statements. I went to Moab, had a blast, bent some parts and now it's been 10 WEEKS and zero communication. How can anyone have faith in a product if they can't get any of the parts they need?
So there is a lot of grey area here and mixing and matching between dealer communication and corporate communication... But I'll work through the post with my thoughts.
  • Customer access to a service manual keeps getting pushed, and hasn't been very specific, definitely a communications failure from Ineos
  • The ordering of parts directly was dropped from specific mention quite some time ago, before US deliveries started I think, also as with any other brand, any parts you install yourself carry a warranty on the part, but not the labor associated.
  • Ineos retracted the Bosch service network plan over a year ago
  • The jacket fiasco is an absolute flub from Ineos corporate
  • If you have parts orders, those are handled by the dealer, and wouldn't garner any communication from Ineos corporate (at least not to the customer); parts production has not been shut down or altered at all
  • A dealer announced there would be a software update in July, Ineos never made that claim.
  • All the trailer towing updates have been released for quite some time now (there was an initial one in February, and an additional a few months ago to correct an issue on a very small number of vehicles)
  • Jacket - see above about jackets
  • Clearing the service reminder is a task that can only be done at a dealer, what the dealer charges for that is not under control of anyone except for the dealer themselves. If they charge $250 just to clear your service reminder, I would take that as a sign of how little they value you as a customer.
  • The Ineos website vehicle tracking has been horrible since the start; it has been discussed many times over the past 16 months that it is manually updated, and lots of those manual updates fell through the cracks. At this point, why even care about it since you have the vehicle.
Have you attempted to get the parts from another dealer just to compare?

Last edited:

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
  • All the trailer towing updates have been released for quite some time now (there was an initial one in February, and an additional a few months ago to correct an issue on a very small number of vehicles)
May i ask what the issue was? (To make sure i don’t have it)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
May i ask what the issue was? (To make sure i don’t have it)
Some vehicles had an issues with the signals not working correctly after the first trailer software flash, so there was an update to it.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
I'm not certain about canuk law, but, here if the owner of the car asks for it back and you refuse, they have a few options, the obvious being a 3rd degree felony and a visit from the sheriff depriving you of both the vehicle and 24hrs of freedom. But, I would like to see you finally prevail, so, good luck!
i didn’t say I wouldn’t give it back. Just that the distance makes it more compelling for them to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom