The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Where are they built?

Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
France?
Germany?
I hear both, not sure, cornfused?
I am sure it's common knowledge here.
Thx
A51

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
Hambach has been batted back and forth between France and Germany several times.
Currently I believe France are in the service court 🎾
And pumping out the 💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️💂‍♀️

Local time
Reaction score
Well let's hope the German mfg and reputation prevails vs French cars of past.
They are going to have to prove to me that the quality is there at this price point.
After all its assembly only, a kit vehicle using premium sub components and systems.
Clearly there are still software and controls issues. That can be worked out easily. The front ends should arrive properly aligned.
I really do prefer one of these great vehicles vs a new Land Cruiser, however the reliability and quality vs price point needs to be there.
Thx for the very helpful info.
A51
🐪🐪🐪

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
The new Toyotas are a TRAIN WRECK! If you can think of it, its failing. Brand new trucks with bad engines, transmissions, under engineered suspension and differentials, air bag failures, rust. Are there a few teething issues with the Grenadier? Sure, mostly electronic gizmo stuff on the center cluster, little HVAC problems, ect. Compare that to the extreme melt downs that new Chevy Colorado buyers are having and you will simply laugh. And just how could Ineos do as well as they did compared to Chevy and all their resources? Is the Bn58 or overbuilt ZF transmission going to fail? Not a chance. And once you get down the trail you can sit there on the trail replacing axles, tie rods, deal with CID issues on your Landcruiser...or just slip by with your Grenadier on 35s running the stock 1 ton running gear. That Kit assembly is an engine done before Toyotas downfall as a special joint durability project, the transmission goes in heavy duty trucks and has a built torque convertor, the axles are king pin tractor axles, the transfer case is a performance all gear driven unit with its own cooling system............. I get the apprehension, I think we all have it. But what truly sets Ineos apart from the typical nightmare of a new Automotive company is the mechanics are so over built that what things need improved, like cable stay, software, and so on is minor, and less inconvenient then say your over stressed 4 banger turbo exploding in 30K miles, or dropping a transmission at 1,000 miles going down the highway. Even the body, frame, chasis and so on will last forever. Just have to put up with some minor annoyances until they sort them out.

Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
Well let's hope the German mfg and reputation prevails vs French cars of past.
They are going to have to prove to me that the quality is there at this price point.
After all its assembly only, a kit vehicle using premium sub components and systems.
Clearly there are still software and controls issues. That can be worked out easily. The front ends should arrive properly aligned.
I really do prefer one of these great vehicles vs a new Land Cruiser, however the reliability and quality vs price point needs to be there.
Thx for the very helpful info.
A51
🐪🐪🐪
All I can say is that we have had 5 Smart cars and one Grenadier from Hambach all fault free.

Local time
Reaction score
The new Toyotas are a TRAIN WRECK! If you can think of it, its failing. Brand new trucks with bad engines, transmissions, under engineered suspension and differentials, air bag failures, rust. Are there a few teething issues with the Grenadier? Sure, mostly electronic gizmo stuff on the center cluster, little HVAC problems, ect. Compare that to the extreme melt downs that new Chevy Colorado buyers are having and you will simply laugh. And just how could Ineos do as well as they did compared to Chevy and all their resources? Is the Bn58 or overbuilt ZF transmission going to fail? Not a chance. And once you get down the trail you can sit there on the trail replacing axles, tie rods, deal with CID issues on your Landcruiser...or just slip by with your Grenadier on 35s running the stock 1 ton running gear. That Kit assembly is an engine done before Toyotas downfall as a special joint durability project, the transmission goes in heavy duty trucks and has a built torque convertor, the axles are king pin tractor axles, the transfer case is a performance all gear driven unit with its own cooling system............. I get the apprehension, I think we all have it. But what truly sets Ineos apart from the typical nightmare of a new Automotive company is the mechanics are so over built that what things need improved, like cable stay, software, and so on is minor, and less inconvenient then say your over stressed 4 banger turbo exploding in 30K miles, or dropping a transmission at 1,000 miles going down the highway. Even the body, frame, chassis and so on will last forever. Just have to put up with some minor annoyances until they sort them out.
""until they sort them out.""
Don't get me wrong, this is my hope and wishful thinking.
Stalantis has ruined all Jeep products, talk about train wrecks, they are never going to be what they were years ago.
I know about the Toyota fiascos, nothing heard specifically about the Land Cruisers yet, they drive great, better than great, but of course a very different vehicle.
The dealer network needs to improve, and the service network, that will make a big difference to non city dwellers like us northern Ca wine country types.
Not getting stranded is paramount when on astronomy expeditions as well as the remote ghost towns, been there done that not doing that again.
I am actually very familiar with the components used for the IG, great start no doubt. Once they get their act cleaned up a bit, counting on that, yes, I am on board.
Thx
A51

Reactions: Max

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
The dealer network needs to improve, and the service network, that will make a big difference to non city dwellers like us northern Ca wine country types.
If being ~2hrs from a dealer at home and ~500+mi while traveling is too far, the Grenadier probably isn't the best vehicle for your needs. Given their sales goals in the country (and globally), having a dealer in every city with 500k residents doesn't seem feasible. When I made the drive from Maryland to Flagstaff for Overland Expo West earlier this year, I realized that at no point along my drive (which included skirting Baltimore & Pittsburgh and driving through Columbus, Indianapolis, St Louis, Tulsa/OKC, and Albuquerque) was I less than 2.5-3 hours from the nearest dealer (let alone the 100mi of included towing provided by the roadside assistance contractor). Not at any point in that drive (either direction) was I at all worried about that fact.

The initial dealer locations were in hot spots of reservation holders, and there have been a few expansions since then (and a few more planned). The "service network" (as with basically every brand) is the dealer network, period. At one point in time there was a plan to incorporate a 3rd party mobile service provider (to do regular service, but that's about it), but that was only going to be in specific locations where there were a high number of reservation holders but not enough to justify a dealer; but that was removed from the game plan over a year ago.

Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
The new Toyotas are a TRAIN WRECK! If you can think of it, its failing. Brand new trucks with bad engines, transmissions, under engineered suspension and differentials, air bag failures, rust. Are there a few teething issues with the Grenadier? Sure, mostly electronic gizmo stuff on the center cluster, little HVAC problems, ect. Compare that to the extreme melt downs that new Chevy Colorado buyers are having and you will simply laugh. And just how could Ineos do as well as they did compared to Chevy and all their resources? Is the Bn58 or overbuilt ZF transmission going to fail? Not a chance. And once you get down the trail you can sit there on the trail replacing axles, tie rods, deal with CID issues on your Landcruiser...or just slip by with your Grenadier on 35s running the stock 1 ton running gear. That Kit assembly is an engine done before Toyotas downfall as a special joint durability project, the transmission goes in heavy duty trucks and has a built torque convertor, the axles are king pin tractor axles, the transfer case is a performance all gear driven unit with its own cooling system............. I get the apprehension, I think we all have it. But what truly sets Ineos apart from the typical nightmare of a new Automotive company is the mechanics are so over built that what things need improved, like cable stay, software, and so on is minor, and less inconvenient then say your over stressed 4 banger turbo exploding in 30K miles, or dropping a transmission at 1,000 miles going down the highway. Even the body, frame, chasis and so on will last forever. Just have to put up with some minor annoyances until they sort them out.
I hate to say it but I agree the new Tacos seem like under-powered cheap plastic. I test drove a couple and couldn't wait to get back in my 2009 manual TRD Off Road. Plus forget about getting a long bed or any color but black.

Reactions: Max
Local time
Reaction score
There are some good ideas here, the fellow that says, as long as you drive out, yes good point, the rest of the trinkets do not matter.
The thing is really built no doubt, all vehicles have software issues these days, all of them.
The steering is an easy fix.
As long as it motors along nothing matters till your back in civilization, at least thats what our concern will be as we get ready for a series of expeditions.
I may need to change my thinking as we rev up further.
It may be more of the performance girl friend scenario. Everyone should have at least 2-3 during a life time, at least. They typically require a bit of maintenance and can be finicky however the ride is well worth it and they tend to be hard to brake.
1724554963646.png

Back
Top Bottom