The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

User Interface Improvement

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
IG_OPOP_UI.jpg

Hi,

The user interface is unusable in real life.

Of course there are bugs, crashes, the need to use touch.
But above all, when you're off-road with tense passages, you can't just click/touch or wait for error messages to disappear.

The principle adopted by INEOS is to overload the screens as required.

At the slightest error, the lower part with the ODO and the extra information (trip, consumption, etc.) is hidden.

Informations, warnings, redundant informations, fault sensor... On average I have half a dozen messages looping.
The real problem is to display those in place of regular informations that become masked.

Not to mention the management of tire pressure alerts.
Tire pressure and temperature monitoring is the most critical.

You get alerts for normal use but real critical informations (suddent drop of pressure or transfer case going up to 121°C) are drowned which can be dangerous.

I'd prefer an overall view of the vehicle with all the different informations.

That way, nothing obscures what's important.

Please see attached a proposal of what we could have as a permanently displayed dashboard, whatever driving mode or screen you are using.

What do you think?

After your feedbacks I will work on the real nice to look version which ineos can reuse directly!!

Claude

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
If you press the LHS stalk button when the error message is displayed, that highlights the error box, press again and it disappears for the rest of the trip.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
I just have the tyre pressure/trans temp screen as my default favourite button..
Now and again, when stationery. I'll flick the electrical screen on.
Simples! I'm happy with how it is.

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you press the LHS stalk button when the error message is displayed, that highlights the error box, press again and it disappears for the rest of the trip.
Lucky you it is working... But even in that case I feel it is more a workaround: 1 button clic + 2 touch on the screen... Not working with physical buttons when you have gloves

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just have the tyre pressure/trans temp screen as my default favourite button..
Now and again, when stationery. I'll flick the electrical screen on.
Simples! I'm happy with how it is.
I'm doing the same. But in that case what is the need of the small tyre pressures panel? What is the need of the message hidding the ODO? What is the need of a new message behing the stering wheel? Up to 4 different times the "same information"

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7860512

Hi,

The user interface is unusable in real life.

Of course there are bugs, crashes, the need to use touch.
But above all, when you're off-road with tense passages, you can't just click/touch or wait for error messages to disappear.

The principle adopted by INEOS is to overload the screens as required.

At the slightest error, the lower part with the ODO and the extra information (trip, consumption, etc.) is hidden.

Informations, warnings, redundant informations, fault sensor... On average I have half a dozen messages looping.
The real problem is to display those in place of regular informations that become masked.

Not to mention the management of tire pressure alerts.
Tire pressure and temperature monitoring is the most critical.

You get alerts for normal use but real critical informations (suddent drop of pressure or transfer case going up to 121°C) are drowned which can be dangerous.

I'd prefer an overall view of the vehicle with all the different informations.

That way, nothing obscures what's important.

Please see attached a proposal of what we could have as a permanently displayed dashboard, whatever driving mode or screen you are using.

What do you think?

After your feedbacks I will work on the real nice to look version which ineos can reuse directly!!

Claude
100%. Was hoping the latest software update would sort this together with the limitations of the tpms system. Alas no. Somewhat frustrating for sure. On an upside the left index finger gets a good workout trying to get it to scroll to info I need but with the system most often locking out with information I don't need.... Next I'm out I'll try Jeans method, was that two taps on stalk, followed by three taps on the screen, back to one on the stalk, touch the foot brake once, back to the stalk twice, screen........ 🤣🤣

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
100%. Was hoping the latest software update would sort this together with the limitations of the tpms system. Alas no. Somewhat frustrating for sure. On an upside the left index finger gets a good workout trying to get it to scroll to info I need but with the system most often locking out with information I don't need.... Next I'm out I'll try Jeans method, was that two taps on stalk, followed by three taps on the screen, back to one on the stalk, touch the foot brake once, back to the stalk twice, screen........ 🤣🤣
Don't forget to press the door-opener button 3 times, switch off the ignition, wait 3 minutes, unplug the battery... And switch on again

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:23 PM
Reaction score
I think you're using colors to indicate status. I think some colors are more difficult to read in many cases. Consider this article about contrast
perhaps it's useful as you consider your design.

Reactions: Dok

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think you're using colors to indicate status. I think some colors are more difficult to read in many cases. Consider this article about contrast
perhaps it's useful as you consider your design.
I used the INEOS colors and keep the orange and red... But you're right, I didnt't work on this part and there is room for improvements. My first focus was the layout and not having error messages hiding others critical informations or having to switch between screens while driving

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
A nicer looking version ;) What do you think ?

View attachment 7863539
I would like to see your graphic rotated 90 degrees left (counter-clockwise) so that the vehicle display would match the orientation of the actual vehicle that the driver is operating.

Likewise, I would prefer the attitude indications to be displayed in the same proven method used in aviation, such that the displayed vehicle remains fixed in relation to the actual vehicle while the displayed horizon remains fixed to the (external) real-world horizon (i.e. not just numerical values).

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with the above poster about orientation. I also would consider adding mpg instant and long term to the layout. I pay attention to all of that.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
A nicer looking version ;) What do you think ?

View attachment 7863539
Could you please add a page for the 3D manual, a countdown page for bug fixes to the stupid reverse camera size and android auto navigation page (2023 build only) and an option to automatically send an email to Sir Jim for every bong?

• Haha

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to see your graphic rotated 90 degrees left (counter-clockwise) so that the vehicle display would match the orientation of the actual vehicle that the driver is operating.

Likewise, I would prefer the attitude indications to be displayed in the same proven method used in aviation, such that the displayed vehicle remains fixed in relation to the actual vehicle while the displayed horizon remains fixed to the (external) real-world horizon (i.e. not just numerical values).
Yes. Will work on a new version!!

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Could you please add a page for the 3D manual, a countdown page for bug fixes to the stupid reverse camera size and android auto navigation page (2023 build only) and an option to automatically send an email to Sir Jim for every bong?
I did save the launch event during which they promised so much...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOoMi-rpAU0

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with the above poster about orientation. I also would consider adding mpg instant and long term to the layout. I pay attention to all of that.
Just published the vertical version. Will add real time consumption

Back
Top Bottom