The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

IAmJesseLynch

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Hi all! First time posting here, and I’ve had my Trialmaster for three days now. Truly enjoying it.

I’ve read everything in this forum about tall drivers and visibility. I’m 6’4, with a tall torso, there’s plenty of headroom, but with the seat in the lowest position (or any other position), I have to use a less-than-ideal posture to have proper visibility.

One thing I am hoping to do, is completely remove the sun visor, but then there is the plastic sun visor hook and mount trim pieces, which leads me to my first question: is there any kind of “sun visor delete trim” - seems a bit too specific for there to actually be a product available, but could anybody 3D print a solution? Happy to pay for such a thing.

Second, I have to assume there is a lower profile seat available somewhere but I don’t really know where to begin - has anybody replaced the front seats or found a way to make them sit lower. They’re comfortable, but if I could shave an inch off the height, I think I will be much more likely to own the Grenny long term.

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Grenadier! I hope it’s a beast in the Mpls snow.

I lived in Mpls for about 5 years before moving to Phoenix. Gotta say I never want to scrape a windshield ever again! I lived in the Uptown area and I still miss the eclectic vibe and I miss the Mpls culture, the old brick buildings, downtown, the music, the city lakes - all of the good stuff. Phoenix soooo different — I don’t get any of the feels I just mentioned about Mpls. Anyway!

You probably saw this thread —

Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
The airbag is in the seat. Call Sheel-mann for a Vario f xxl if you don't care. I don't now if the airbag is monitored for alarm if its eliminated, that should be an easy yeat creative workaround if it is.

I use the owl sun visor, usually swept to the left unless the sun is bad, and a LightinSight for closer proximity to traffic lights. I also shimmed the front seat mounts with fender washers for a little tilt.

If you pop off the lower dash trim it looks like the steering colum mounts have about 1/2" of exposed bolt, That would likley lower the wheel 1" when shimmed if the low seat position causes fatigue from the higher wheel position. I looked when I noticed the wheel doesnt lower as much as my other trucks. I would think you could just lower it, insert some camber shims from an IFS suspention (cheap) and retighten. At least that was my plan, but I just got used to it.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
What visibility issues are you having? I’m 6’4” too and have the seat nowhere near the lowest setting 😂

Back
Top Bottom