The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Steel Wheel Touch Up - Rattle Can?

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
I've got some scratches on my steel wheels, nothing too serious but I'd like to touch them up before there is rust. Anyone done this and have a recommendation on paint? Left on my own, I would just grab a can of Krylon Satin Black and start spraying. I mean.. after washing the wheels and degrease them, etc..

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
I've got some scratches on my steel wheels, nothing too serious but I'd like to touch them up before there is rust. Anyone done this and have a recommendation on paint? Left on my own, I would just grab a can of Krylon Satin Black and start spraying. I mean.. after washing the wheels and degrease them, etc..
I would do the same. Worth finishing off with a can of 2k lacquer (mask needed!) as it is much more scratch resistant.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
I can't remember if the Grenadier steel wheels are painted or powder coated. If they're powder coated the following has some hints on how to go about touching up with paint :
(I have used the ideas in the article to good effect, to repair a powder coated trailer)

Manzino

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
I'm interested in the results here, my steelies are showing some rust already.

Back
Top Bottom