The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Steel Wheel Stud and Bolt Covers (3D Printed)

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Been a minor visual issue for me that the steel wheels have the wheel lugs and bolts being raw metal in contrast to the black steel wheel. I won’t get on the wheel weigh issue right now. I thought I’d be dinging up the steel wheels more and having to touch up with spray paint, but I see the advantage of small rims and fat tires- not much damage in normal wear. I’m also not a fan of painting threads or nuts.

So got out the calipers and measured everything and came up with a two-part cover-cap. The nut part just slips over and then the small cap/hat twists on. Had a really problem getting the threads right and having some unsupported parts that needed cleaning up afterwards., so I just ended up making an oval hole and an Angled shoulder to thread onto the stud. Started out in PETG-CF, switched to ASA-GF. More shine that I wanted, but not glossy.

I also printed out some in red, that look pretty sharp too. Might do themed ones like Green/Red for Christmas.

I’ll post them on my Printables site later tonight. They seem to be holding on alright after I got the cap tweaked. They might be loosening, but I went lie 250 miles and 3 car washes and only my old design came off- and then only the cap, the ‘nut’ part stayed.

It’s kind of interesting that while the bare nut/stud isn’t that glaring, by changing them to these black covers, you really don’t see a difference

Side bar- when I upload images, do I have to select thumbnail or full size for people to see them? I can see them, but at the bottom of the post. I wasn’t sure if anyone else can see them just uploaded, but not nailed/Full-sized?

IMG_6810.jpeg
IMG_6808.jpeg
IMG_1669.jpeg
IMG_6828.jpeg
IMG_6809.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom