The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat covers

Woody89

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score
Has any one got a contact for a company that make seat covers for a 2 seat commercial

Cheers

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
Has any one got a contact for a company that make seat covers for a 2 seat commercial

Cheers
Hi Woody. Welcome aboard. The search function here is really good. Search and you’ll find several threads discussing seat covers - including the fantastic offering from Melville and Moon.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
HI, I'm also looking around for seat covers and I've found two alternatives: M&Ms and Beesdams but I haven't seen any feedback from the latter yet

SBA

Local time
Reaction score
Hello I took delivery of mine with the genuine seat covers supplied which were expensive, They do not fit well they keep raising up and the TABS at the side make no real sense.
serioisly thinking of asking for a refund on them and going with a more durable Item in canvas

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
Hello I took delivery of mine with the genuine seat covers supplied which were expensive, They do not fit well they keep raising up and the TABS at the side make no real sense.
serioisly thinking of asking for a refund on them and going with a more durable Item in canvas
Well that stinks, I might have to modify my order. I cannot imagine that this would have any effect on the production schedule.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone else have any insight, opinion on the factory seat covers?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone else have any insight, opinion on the factory seat covers?

I have seen some of the factory seat covers and on the back of that I cancelled them.

I know other members here have done the same.

I would say just look at some titan seat covers that are a quarter of the price and easily look as good and are waterproof but I see you are in the USA.

My advice is buy some generic one size fits all if they are essential immediately the vehicle arrives and then wait for one of your respected companies to make some and get a made to measure quality item.

I don’t make a secret about the fact I love the Melville & Moon covers but I don’t know if they are available in America.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
I don’t make a secret about the fact I love the Melville & Moon covers but I don’t know if they are available in America.

They are but it takes some doing. Shipping is quite expensive.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got OE fitment covers on the front seats.
Yes, they were expensive, but they fitted pretty well.
Once you get the hang of not sliding your arse over the seat when climbing in and out, they happily stay in place.

You’ll notice on the side of the covers is an “Airbag” tag. Bear in mind that aftermarket covers may not be designed with the airbags in mind.

Correct me if I’m wrong, as I’m unsure, but I think there are airbags fitted in the outer sides of the (front seat) back rests, hence the “Airbag” tag on both front seat covers.

Anyone care to enlighten on this? Because if there are indeed airbags fitted, then I’d be very careful whom I buy my aftermarket covers from.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 67

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think there are airbags in the seats. The curtain airbags are in the door pillar next to the top seatbelt mount. I had the seat apart to fit a lumber roll, I didn’t see any airbags and there are no wires heading into the upper part of the seat. Some cars do have airbags in the seats hence seat covers have to be compatible.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got front seat covers from Titan Covers at a delivered price of £60.94. The material is fully waterproof and tough, ideal for soaking up any dirt or general crud. The fit is very good and I can certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a proper solution at very reasonable cost.

Titan Covers

1695766736458.jpeg

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
16957668573825885635120938410576.jpg
seat covers are being replaced under warranty
16957669325851291595974047766680.jpg

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So far, I'm only seeing Melvill and Moon as a satisfactorily snug fitting seat cover for the Grenadier. I'm hoping in the U.S. that Covercraft offers their canvas Carhartt Precision Fit seat covers for the vehicle. I installed them for a 2000 Land Cruiser and they fit like a glove and are holding up beautifully. I've pinged them once about whether they have plans for them and they gave a vague answer, but basically said not at this time.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
So far, I'm only seeing Melvill and Moon as a satisfactorily snug fitting seat cover for the Grenadier. I'm hoping in the U.S. that Covercraft offers their canvas Carhartt Precision Fit seat covers for the vehicle. I installed them for a 2000 Land Cruiser and they fit like a glove and are holding up beautifully. I've pinged them once about whether they have plans for them and they gave a vague answer, but basically said not at this time.
Hopefully once a few Grenadiers are in US owners' hands, the aftermarket will respond. I wouldn't expect a lot of aftermarket R&D investment in something that isn't on the market yet.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got the Ineos supplied seat covers and I am not impressed. They just won’t stay on. Every time I get in or out they slide off.
Have ordered Melvill and Moon replacements.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What Logsplitter says. I have both the Ineos ones and the M&M ones. The OEM ones are in my opinion way over priced for what they are. The fit is poor. The M&M ones are superb.
I will try and get a refund from IA but highly unlikely. That or pop them over the M&M ones on particularly wet/muddy days.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got front seat covers from Titan Covers at a delivered price of £60.94. The material is fully waterproof and tough, ideal for soaking up any dirt or general crud. The fit is very good and I can certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a proper solution at very reasonable cost.

Titan Covers

View attachment 7827954
How do you adjust the headrest?

Not for me. Doesn’t look “fitted” or tidy.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think there are airbags in the seats. The curtain airbags are in the door pillar next to the top seatbelt mount. I had the seat apart to fit a lumber roll, I didn’t see any airbags and there are no wires heading into the upper part of the seat. Some cars do have airbags in the seats hence seat covers have to be compatible.
So why the “Airbag” tag on the outer sides of the covers?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They probably put them on all of them to comply with different markers. So perhaps the us grenadier has them. Or the seat cover manufacturer also makes the same covers for other vehicles which do have airbags.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just spoken to my Ineos supplier who opened up the parts screen on airbags etc.

The Grenadier does indeed have airbags in the front seats. The bags are located in the outer side of the back rests.
This is also why the “Airbag” tags are stitched on the covers, to ensure you fit the correct cover to the corresponding seat. The main reason is that the stitching on the airbag side of the cover is designed to rupture in the event of the bags being deployed.

Therefore I really do not recommend fitting an aftermarket cover if you want the driver and passenger airbags to perform as they have been designed to do so.

Having a strong canvas cover may well throw you out of the seat if the bag cannot deploy properly or freely.

If however you do opt for an aftermarket cover, at the very least ask the vendor or manufacturer if their covers are Airbag compatible, and inform them where the airbags are located on your Grenadier.

Suddenly the astronomical £300 for the front covers makes a little more sense, as they would have had to go through a rigorous testing program to be validated as Airbag compatible.

Doesn’t justify the same price tag for the rear covers, unless they too have airbags in them! Anyone stumped up for a set? If so, is there an “Airbag” tag sewn on to those as well?

Back
Top Bottom