The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safari Window tints

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that the safari Windows need either factory style blinds or better tints? Most sunroofs have blinds on them for when the sun is overhead and recently in the rare bouts of sun in the UK I decided to do something about it

I went on Ebay and bought a 20% tint kit for £10, think the safari windows have 20% already so I took it to 40%, it has worked really well and the glare is less intrusive now. (eBay item number:186458103726)

As you can remove the windows it was very easy to do despite my limited abilities

The aftermarket blinds that I have seem are suction and insulated - unless anyone knows anyone that is making roller blinds ?

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm using the ones with the suckers to stop being blinded and keep cool or warm, depending on the weather.
I thought they were already tinted.
Bought the full set off Ebay, use rear side all the time to help maintain temperatures and windscreen when on drive ad sun is straight on and making very hot when first getting in

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
I did 30% film on mine, and really wish I would have gone to 15% instead, as driving into the sun it still comes through quite blindingly. The percentage of window film is the light transmittance, so if you added 20% over the factory 20%, you're now at 4% overall transmittance.

I haven't seen roller blinds; someone on one of the US Facebook groups did mention a fold out windshield cover meant for Jeep Wranglers fits the safari windows quite well

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did 30% film on mine, and really wish I would have gone to 15% instead, as driving into the sun it still comes through quite blindingly. The percentage of window film is the light transmittance, so if you added 20% over the factory 20%, you're now at 4% overall transmittance.

I haven't seen roller blinds; someone on one of the US Facebook groups did mention a fold out windshield cover meant for Jeep Wranglers fits the safari windows quite well
I have "roller" blinds on my 96 Discovery - original equipment. Agree that something like that would be nice for the "G" for when you need some protection from the sun.

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
There are a lot of great vendors out there who make perfect products that fit exactly, but for $19 you can blackout the Safari Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0956YJYSX/?tag=globalgrena0b-20 and still have gas money. It's not a perfect fit. But it works. Tuck the back end into the latch, slip the excess length under the sun visor.

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that the safari Windows need either factory style blinds or better tints? Most sunroofs have blinds on them for when the sun is overhead and recently in the rare bouts of sun in the UK I decided to do something about it

I went on Ebay and bought a 20% tint kit for £10, think the safari windows have 20% already so I took it to 40%, it has worked really well and the glare is less intrusive now. (eBay item number:186458103726)

As you can remove the windows it was very easy to do despite my limited abilities

The aftermarket blinds that I have seem are suction and insulated - unless anyone knows anyone that is making roller blinds ?
YES - FOR SURE. Had mine tinted 3 days ago! Huge difference. They advertise they are tinted but you could have fooled me! LOL

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks Anand not really any the wiser on the percentages it just looks darker!

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 15.59.58.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 15.59.58.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 16.00.07.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 16.00.07.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 69

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Honestly, I went with OverlandGearGuy’s suction shades. He has uninsulated as an option but I have to say I got the insulated ones and they have never been an issue. They look good and have never come off/loose due to weather changes, even in 100 degrees F. I guess I just like having the air opening but don’t need the sky view unless I take the panel out completely. The glare is pretty bad as you guys already know.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Honestly, I went with OverlandGearGuy’s suction shades. He has uninsulated as an option but I have to say I got the insulated ones and they have never been an issue. They look good and have never come off/loose due to weather changes, even in 100 degrees F. I guess I just like having the air opening but don’t need the sky view unless I take the panel out completely. The glare is pretty bad as you guys already know.
Same here. As soon as it got hot in Florida, I mounted them up. Makes a huge difference.

Reactions: PBD

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Hold on there Guys - just found these on the web from Australia - there is free delivery over £60

https://snapshades.com/ineos-grenadier-suv-quartermaster-safari-sunroof-shades-2022-present/ They look great there is no import duty on goods under £135 (which these are - around £97) but there would be VAT

I reckon the cost would be about £120 tax paid ( + probably a £12 handling fee by the postal service used)

What do you reckon?
Those look like a nice option to cut down on really sunny days. I tinted my Safari Windows and then had them redone with a lighter tint as the darker tint made the sky look dreary even on sunny days. What's the purpose of the Safari Windows if you can't enjoy a nice blue sky. A bit of ceramic light tint ok, too dark and you might regret it. DaBull

BenTN

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice find! Just ordered them. Will report back results in a couple weeks.

A good friend of mine has made similar shades (reflective layer plus carpet layer) for his overlandy vans so he made me one that I have been using for a few months. It is a bit cumbersome to put in place while driving...but when I want to block out the sun it does the job perfectly.

I dream of a good roller-shade solution. I bought a shade that could be made to work, but haven't yet gotten comfortable that it won't look janky when I'm finished.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the reflective/insulated xspec shades from Australia. Likely similar to overland gear guys set. They've been good enough that I stopped looking at tint for now.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hold on there Guys - just found these on the web from Australia - there is free delivery over £60

https://snapshades.com/ineos-grenadier-suv-quartermaster-safari-sunroof-shades-2022-present/ They look great there is no import duty on goods under £135 (which these are - around £97) but there would be VAT

I reckon the cost would be about £120 tax paid ( + probably a £12 handling fee by the postal service used)

What do you reckon?
Very nice. Admittedly I picked up a pair of "small" screens (16"x19") with suction cups from the Great World of Amazon for ~$12. They work well :ROFLMAO: ($90+k vehicle with $12 safari window sun screens).

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With 95+F days ... insulated is a welcome. Internal vehicle temp was 113F at 5pm today.😓😓

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the reflective/insulated xspec shades from Australia. Likely similar to overland gear guys set. They've been good enough that I stopped looking at tint for now.
website??

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom