The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Round 12N/S trailer connectors.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
A question for the UK and European members of the Forum.

Are the Round 12N and 12S trailer plugs still commonly used or are they now a historical curiosity?

The reason I ask is I'm considering adding them to a future edition of the manual, as the same physical plug is still used in Australia, but wired up to a different standard. Hopefully having the 2 wiring schemas may assist Australian users in determining whether that e-bay adaptor bargain will in fact work in Australia.

Cheers

Steve

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
A question for the UK and European members of the Forum.

Are the Round 12N and 12S trailer plugs still commonly used or are they now a historical curiosity?

The reason I ask is I'm considering adding them to a future edition of the manual, as the same physical plug is still used in Australia, but wired up to a different standard. Hopefully having the 2 wiring schemas may assist Australian users in determining whether that e-bay adaptor bargain will in fact work in Australia.

Cheers

Steve
There are still some old caravans (and cars) out there that have 12N and 12S plugs (and sockets) but I suspect by now they are getting fewer and fewer. And as one or the other changes they will rely on 13pin to 7+7 adapters.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The 13 pin was introduced about 12 years ago. So plenty of of trailers with 12N about as they tend to last a long time. Caravans tend to be less durable, so 12S is far less common.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 13 pin was introduced about 12 years ago. So plenty of of trailers with 12N about as they tend to last a long time. Caravans tend to be less durable, so 12S is far less common.
And some trailer manufacturers held on to 12Ns on small trailers without reversing lights.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
Thanks @Eric, @landmannnn. Since the connectors are still around I’ll add schematics too the next manual update

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom