The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rooftop Power - Base model

GeoBike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
So the Base model doesn't have the external power outlets of the Trialmaster but is the wiring in place? Can I undo the external plastic panel to access the wiring?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The base model does not have the wiring/rooftop outlets, unless you choose the aux power option (which you can do on a base model).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
So the Base model doesn't have the external power outlets of the Trialmaster but is the wiring in place? Can I undo the external plastic panel to access the wiring?
Tick this box.
1717825253440.jpg
1717825332452.jpg
1717825375972.jpg
1717825393636.jpg

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
Not on mine.
Actually, unless you have the secondary power module with switches 5 to 8 I don't think you could power them anyway. Getting access would be from the inside by removing the interior trim panels if you wanted to some sort of retrofit.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
My guess is if you took a poll, the top 2 features people would tell you to make sure you get would be the diff locks and the aux wiring - you have to get those from the factory. You either get it with the factory config, or you miss out - aftermarket mods to get those capabilities would cost way more than the factory options. But you don’t need the Trialmaster to get those - I did a base config and added them (and spent more than the Trialmaster or Fieldmaster, just because I loaded it up)

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
You are not wrong.

It wouldn't be too difficult to add an led light bar for example.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
Also, part of the cost for my full Rhino rack was broken out as "roof lighting prep". This was on the final dealer invoice. Totaling the costs equalled the factory roof rack cost but I never asked what that was.

🤷‍♂️

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also, part of the cost for my full Rhino rack was broken out as "roof lighting prep". This was on the final dealer invoice. Totaling the costs equalled the factory roof rack cost but I never asked what that was.

🤷‍♂️
you mean you already had the pre-wiring installed and they still charged for lighting prep, or you didn’t, and the prep cost you as much as the full rack? If you had the aux power option, the “prep” for lighting involves sticking 3 cable management clips in the airline rail, screwing the bar to the rack, and plugging it in. Like 10 minutes - max. Were you using the dealer-installed LED bar? I suppose if not, they might have had to put on a new connector terminal.

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

All I can add is that if you remove one (or more) of your silver roof bars/handles (six 30T torx bolts) the plastic dish behind the bars comes out and there is a hole in the roof leading to the interior of the vehicle. You would have to drill a hole in the plastic dish to feed wire. Shouldn't be too hard to use the 10 amp in the footwell, (Int 1 or 2), to feed a relay and take your power from the battery under the seat.

Of course it is all easier said than done. I'm in the same boat as you. I got the locking diff but my off the lot vehicle didn't have the aux power... I should have shopped longer and found one.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
All I can add is that if you remove one (or more) of your silver roof bars/handles (six 30T torx bolts) the plastic dish behind the bars comes out and there is a hole in the roof leading to the interior of the vehicle. You would have to drill a hole in the plastic dish to feed wire. Shouldn't be too hard to use the 10 amp in the footwell, (Int 1 or 2), to feed a relay and take your power from the battery under the seat.

Of course it is all easier said than done. I'm in the same boat as you. I got the locking diff but my off the lot vehicle didn't have the aux power... I should have shopped longer and found one.
The Austrian Ineos test driver said in a video back in 2022??(Budapest drive I think) that there were 3 items that everyone should order and that you can't fit them later.
Safari Windows
Diff Locks
Auxiliary wiring.
Doesn't mean you have to order all 3, although I did, but if you even think you may want them then it has to be done at the factory.

GeoBike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks all! I did spec the Auxiliary Charge Points. Will survive without the Aux Wiring.

FYI. Iggy (Shale "Oligarch" Blue) was ordered May 2022 and arrived Dec 2023.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
you mean you already had the pre-wiring installed and they still charged for lighting prep, or you didn’t, and the prep cost you as much as the full rack?
I had to look at my invoice and it wasn’t the roof rack cost but the cost of the high load auxiliary wiring. The invoice had a separate $495 line item for “Light Bar Provision” and the high load wiring cost was reduced by that same amount. No change in cost but the dealer told me it’s done this way when a roof rack is ordered.

Back
Top Bottom