The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Rohny Dahl video incoming

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
So what are the odds Ronny will end up with a Quartermaster, with a tray and cloth seats???
My money is on him buying a QM Cab Chassis (QMCC), maybe a Trialmaster if there is one in the QMCC. No tub and he can do whatever he wants on the back.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
He asks a great question, where are the other wires? I bet they are all together in the box by the handle.
That puts the two outlets at 25A each and individually switched.
I think that is a good result compared to one individual and the other switching 3 outlets and sharing the 25 amps.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:15 PM
Reaction score
I think he has been mis advised, I’m pretty sure the other two outlets go to the back somewhere. Under or inside the tub.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, my take he prefers a 2.8L 76 over the Gren.
> He hated the big footrest for 6000kms then all of a sudden, he was ok at 10000kms.
> I had a laugh that he complains about 'dust' as opposed to anything else? That didn't occur before 6000km in the bush???
These guys I swear like the sound of their own voices!!!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, my take he prefers a 2.8L 76 over the Gren.
> He hated the big footrest for 6000kms then all of a sudden, he was ok at 10000kms.
> I had a laugh that he complains about 'dust' as opposed to anything else? That didn't occur before 6000km in the bush???
These guys I swear like the sound of their own voices!!!

Regardless of what he really thinks he was always going to stick with the LC, he owns it after all, and would lose faith with the vast majority of his fans if he came to any other conclusion anyway. I’ve always taken heart that his criticisms have always been about nothing items. You have to find fault even if it is minor.

Oh, and he never “hated” the footrest in any previous comments. Commented a few times and initially found it weird, but like the rest of us (your good self excluded) he got used to it.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the fact that he has had to pick on small things that he doesn’t like tells a lot, I think he really liked the car overall.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He did like it, a lot. He said in an earlier video he had to find some faults or people would not think he was doling a proper review. What he found (except lack of fuel) were all minor points.

INEOS should now lend him a QM Cab Chassis. Or a QM minus the tub.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Regardless of what he really thinks he was always going to stick with the LC, he owns it after all, and would lose faith with the vast majority of his fans if he came to any other conclusion anyway. I’ve always taken heart that his criticisms have always been about nothing items. You have to find fault even if it is minor.

Oh, and he never “hated” the footrest in any previous comments. Commented a few times and initially found it weird, but like the rest of us (your good self excluded) he got used to it.
Lies. Several on this forum hate it. Not just me. I am not exclusive in the knowledge of cabin discomfort. My DMs tell me so.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Frankly, while I admire Ronny Dahl for his entrepreneurial flair and appreciate his knowledge and practical approach, I really care not one wit for his views or otherwise on the Grenadier. I don't need buyer reinforcement... and any nit picking doesn't fill me with buyer remorse! The placement and "physics" of the DPF/ catalytic converter is a design 'constraint' dictated by the choice of the BMW engines : it is what it is... :cool: there's no point getting upset about it..

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
Serious question. Who is Ronny Dahl and why do we care what he thinks?

Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
And If you want a little more peace of mind on long strech of roads, add the Brown Davis long range tank (68L) to The Grenadier and you will reach every corner.

This seems like a much better solution than the Xspec side carriers, and for less money?? $2K for some side mounts and two 'jerry cans' for 30 liters of extra fuel? This solution gives you over twice the extra capacity, and while you need to figure shipping and installation, is almost $400 cheaper (with the AUS to US exchange currently). Seems like a no brainer to me...

IMG_0041-1030x773.jpg

IMG_0052-1030x773.jpg

Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
Too bad that's not a 90l. I'd toss my plans to winch there and remove that centrally located tumor of a tank hanging down replacing it with this. The rear load area really would have benefited from 4 more inches.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
This seems like a much better solution than the Xspec side carriers, and for less money?? $2K for some side mounts and two 'jerry cans' for 30 liters of extra fuel? This solution gives you over twice the extra capacity, and while you need to figure shipping and installation, is almost $400 cheaper (with the AUS to US exchange currently). Seems like a no brainer to me...

IMG_0041-1030x773.jpg

IMG_0052-1030x773.jpg
And the idea of strapping gear, let alone weight density, to the side of your vehicle is completely daft. Mole panels over the windows? Give me a break - should have bought the new Defender with side mounted lunch box!

Back
Top Bottom