The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removing/Reinstalling Driver Seat

DG3

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
After an 8 week wait, my Black Sheep seat safe is scheduled to arrive tomorrow! Have any of you removed and reinstalled the driver seat? Any guidance or gotchas would be appreciated.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
Wiring connections are straight forward under the seat; and to pull the seat itself, it is 4 bolts. Also, make sure the battery is disconnected.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
Wiring connections are straight forward under the seat; and to pull the seat itself, it is 4 bolts. Also, make sure the battery is disconnected.
Do not move or Drive the vehicle with the seat out and battery connected ! as happened with mine whilst in an African workshop this will cause seatbelt error warnings that need a main dealer with relevant kit and software to sort out. It was only moved/driven a few metres in the workshop with the seat out and it played havoc with the warning lights and sounds until I could get to a dealer who could update the software. 👍🏼

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
And remember there is a procedure to follow to correctly disconnect the battery.
I doubt that procedure has been followed during shipping from South Africa to Europe. I’ll find out in a couple of days when I go to collect Liberty the Grenadier. 🤔

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
I doubt that procedure has been followed during shipping from South Africa to Europe. I’ll find out in a couple of days when I go to collect Liberty the Grenadier. 🤔
Return home via an INEOS dealer!

Back
Top Bottom