The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removing main battery cover

Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
HI, Does anyone have any simple instructions as to how to remover the plastic covers over the main battery. I took a quick look today and removed some of the torx screws but it still does not look easy to remove to get full access to the battery and wiring. Also on the 7 post busbar there is a spare terminal number 4 that i believe is for the inverter when fitted. Is this a suitable place to attach a connection to power external 12v devices ?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Remove the rear footwell panels (assuming you don't have carpet), they just pop out; then at the forward edge of the plastics (where it meets the metal floor) you'll find two covers per plastic panel that pop up, remove the 10mm nut under each one.

Flip the rear seat bottom upwards and remove the T25s that hold the front and rear halves of the plastic covers together. Additionally, there is one T25 that holds the left and right forward plastic pieces together in the middle.

After this, remove the silver T50(or 47?)s that hold the rearward panels in place.

If you have a commercial (N1), you'll need to unbolt the rear seat bolts to gain access to the rearward T50s as they are under the upright portion of the seat.

The empty post on the busbar should be fine to power other devices (I use 2 empty posts for that purpose), however, make sure you place the appropriate fuse on the busbar, it uses a specific ZCASE fuse

Local time
Reaction score
Remove the rear footwell panels (assuming you don't have carpet), they just pop out; then at the forward edge of the plastics (where it meets the metal floor) you'll find two covers per plastic panel that pop up, remove the 10mm nut under each one.

Flip the rear seat bottom upwards and remove the T25s that hold the front and rear halves of the plastic covers together. Additionally, there is one T25 that holds the left and right forward plastic pieces together in the middle.

After this, remove the silver T50(or 47?)s that hold the rearward panels in place.

If you have a commercial (N1), you'll need to unbolt the rear seat bolts to gain access to the rearward T50s as they are under the upright portion of the seat.

The empty post on the busbar should be fine to power other devices (I use 2 empty posts for that purpose), however, make sure you place the appropriate fuse on the busbar, it uses a specific ZCASE fuse
Thanks very much for your quick reply, I have a trialmaster not commercial so hopefully the last bit does not apply. Rather fiddly in my opinion compared to other vehicles I can see that plastic cover getting cut or not even put back at all as the vehicle gets older.

I want to take a feed from the 4th terminal to power something that will pull around 40 Amps at 12v, there is a 60amp fuse already in that location I undersand so will probably suffice.

Local time
Reaction score
Also is there a good earth point in that area other than the negative terminal of the battery ?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also is there a good earth point in that area other than the negative terminal of the battery ?
There is where the negative battery cable goes, as well on the opposite side you will find a 13mm nut where the auxiliary battery earth is normally (if you have that option, if not, it's wide open)

Back
Top Bottom