The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear door handle and noob mistake

Jérémie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

This afternoon, I was installing a replacement rear door handle and I've done a completely stupid mistake, I've applied too much strengh while reinstalling the screw.
At some point, I've damage the internal mechanism (heard a "clac"), probably by breaking a stopper or something like that, but now, this is the initial position of the handle :

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-13 at 21.20.36.jpeg

Luckily, the opening mechanism is still functional, just the stopper seems broken, so on it's own, it is not dramatic, but any idea if/how I could perform a simple fix to my mistake ?
The small rear door, the opening mechanism is behind the "gray surface" I could unscrew to check, but this is not the case on the other door and I don't see how to access the mechanism.

What do you think ? Something doable or I just "live with it" ? :)

Thanks !

Last edited:

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
Maybe the handle just slipped on install? Otherwise, if it's still working, you likely broke of some sort of indexing tab. You could pull it apart and have a look maybe?

Jérémie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer.
I've removed the grab, and as illustrated in the photo below, it is "rotated", so indeed, I think it is an indexing tab (or stopper) which is broken.

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-13 at 22.35.37.jpeg

But that part is inside the door and I am not sure how I can access it. :/

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
Remove the fold down table/trim cover, then you may be able to access it from the side

Back
Top Bottom