The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Protection of the Diesel Particulate Filter.

acutler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
While driving on a fire trail a stick or stone flew up a broke the elbow off the DPF. It relies on the chassis rail for protection- it took a 2wd tow truck 3 hours to get to me (fantastic NRMA service for any Australians). Had anyone else had this problem Ineos is very non-commital when asked

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score
While driving on a fire trail a stick or stone flew up a broke the elbow off the DPF. It relies on the chassis rail for protection- it took a 2wd tow truck 3 hours to get to me (fantastic NRMA service for any Australians). Had anyone else had this problem Ineos is very non-commital when asked
Do you have any photos of this?
Having punctured the transmission sump in a remote location I have fitted a full set of Almont underbody protection and hoping this will protect the part you broke.
Thanks

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score
The diesel does look like an afterthought, the wiring is not well protected and the connections to the dpf are also exposed.

I've done the wiring, there does need to be a simple shield to protect the fuel pump and dpf, on my list.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
My mechanic George who does variety bash said one Ineos driver in his group had that. exact thing happen, not sure whether that was you maybe? If not then there is another who had the exact same problem. I was going to get my mechanic to make me a bash plate of some sort to cover that.

Back
Top Bottom