The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Prospective owner from Knoxville, Tennessee with a few questions

Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
Hello! I have had my eyes on a Grenadier for a while now but have not had time to drive to Atlanta (or Nashville) to see one. Anyways, I went to the Tennessee Vols football game last weekend in Charlotte and there was a Grenadier in a mall there that was even unlocked! I loved everything about it and have researched the fool out of them this week.

I am in between ordering one or compromising on a few options to get an in stock one right now. I have a few questions I’d like some input/advice on.

1. Pricing. I was told by the Atlanta dealer today that a truck they proposed to be had a $5,000.00 ‘voucher.’ I am curious whether this is an OEM/INEOS thing or a dealership letting some margin again or a combination of the two?

2. What is the deal with the dealership being the only one that can reset the maintenance reminder? I will absolutely not be going 12,000 miles between oil changes synthetic or not. That’s lunacy in my opinion and a way for INEOS to work around the lack of a dealer network.

3. Anyone have an idea of what it would cost to wrap one?

4. Anyone happen to live in/around Knoxville? I have not driven one and would love to. I was a little bashful looking at the one in the mall even though it was unlocked. I did not get inside.

Thanks. I’ll be surprised if I don’t buy one. Looks like a good community here. I’ve had land cruisers in the past and have always enjoyed IH8MUD.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't get hung up on the 12k mile oil change intervals.
I have a built 200 series. Great vehicle, but it means less and less to me the longer I've owned my grenadier. Ineos really made a stout vehicle.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
2. The oil change interval is set by the engine maker BMW. In Australia INEOS has said if you are towing or going hard offroad they suggest additional servicing.

3. It is on the forum somewhere for the US. Full wrap iAn ustralai is around AUD10.000.

Local time
Reaction score
Don't get hung up on the 12k mile oil change intervals.
I have a built 200 series. Great vehicle, but it means less and less to me the longer I've owned my grenadier. Ineos really made a stout vehicle.
For a 200 series guy to say it’s built stout means a lot to me.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For a 200 series guy to say it’s built stout means a lot to me.
Toyota has the tin can feeling when you close the doors. The Ineos has such a solid feel to it.
Everyone wants to harp on the electronic quirks of the Ineos, but a 200 series will not go into 4LO, or lock the center diff, etc with a check engine light on. So, if you throw an evap code, O2 sensor code, etc, no off road goodies are available.

Local time
Reaction score
Hello! I have had my eyes on a Grenadier for a while now but have not had time to drive to Atlanta (or Nashville) to see one. Anyways, I went to the Tennessee Vols football game last weekend in Charlotte and there was a Grenadier in a mall there that was even unlocked! I loved everything about it and have researched the fool out of them this week.

I am in between ordering one or compromising on a few options to get an in stock one right now. I have a few questions I’d like some input/advice on.

1. Pricing. I was told by the Atlanta dealer today that a truck they proposed to be had a $5,000.00 ‘voucher.’ I am curious whether this is an OEM/INEOS thing or a dealership letting some margin again or a combination of the two?

2. What is the deal with the dealership being the only one that can reset the maintenance reminder? I will absolutely not be going 12,000 miles between oil changes synthetic or not. That’s lunacy in my opinion and a way for INEOS to work around the lack of a dealer network.

3. Anyone have an idea of what it would cost to wrap one?

4. Anyone happen to live in/around Knoxville? I have not driven one and would love to. I was a little bashful looking at the one in the mall even though it was unlocked. I did not get inside.

Thanks. I’ll be surprised if I don’t buy one. Looks like a good community here. I’ve had land cruisers in the past and have always enjoyed IH8MUD.
There are several here, mostly in and around 37919 I postponed my pick up due to color didn’t care for the color I ordered, and regal has a huge inventory of they did, selling my 80series and then I’ll reorder or go pick one up from regal

Back
Top Bottom