The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pressure Washer

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a new pressure washer. I would like a petrol one. The Karcher electric has died and it was crap to start with.

Any brands stand out for non-commercial applications. Hyundai, Honda???

Patios, decking, occasionally the cars. I want some power however.

Looking to spend about £500 or so.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a new pressure washer. I would like a petrol one. The Karcher electric has died and it was crap to start with.

Any brands stand out for non-commercial applications. Hyundai, Honda???

Patios, decking, occasionally the cars. I want some power however.

Looking to spend about £500 or so.
No personal experience of a petrol washer, but if my atv, generator, bush cutter are anything to go by you can't go wrong with a Honda engine.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No personal experience of a petrol washer, but if my atv, generator, bush cutter are anything to go by you can't go wrong with a Honda engine.
I think you're right re Honda motors. I'm a Stihl and Honda man. It looks like most of the 3rd party pressure washers use the Honda engines. Just a bit more than I want to spend. May wilt though and bite the bullet.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think you're right re Honda motors. I'm a Stihl and Honda man. It looks like most of the 3rd party pressure washers use the Honda engines. Just a bit more than I want to spend. May wilt though and bite the bullet.
On a completely separate subject, my Stihl chainsaw is used very infrequently and when it is it is for 3-5 days of use tree clearing and then " mothballed" for weeks/months. When coming to re use, particularly in cold weather it can be a bugger to start initially. Sorted by a new carb gasket and new ignition. But since it is not used a lot petroil cost isn't an issue, so I have started to use Aspen 2. It's brilliant starts first pull now. Aspen is very expensive compared to 2 stroke but if you are not using it for some time I would make your last fill Aspen 2 or re starting to use it again on Aspen 2.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haven't brought myself to buy that yet. For sure it's good stuff. Last fill not a bad idea. Carb gaskets can perish very easily unfortunately.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ps I use the Esso super unleaded. Allegedly some of their garages have the least ethanol mix of all. Might not be right anymore but I persist

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nilfisk are a pretty good trade off for quality vs price but if you can stretch to a Maxflow C30 it will probably be the last one you will need to buy.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
Yes, I also have a Kränzle. It's probably already 20 years old. But it's still very good. In my opinion, the newer appliances are of poorer quality (cheap plastic, poorer seals, parts made of plastic instead of metal). This is even more pronounced with Stihl. Until six months ago, I was still using a brush cutter made entirely of metal. Today they also use cheap plastic. I once met engineers at an event and shared my opinion with them. They didn't disagree, but said in the same breath that they had to keep up with the price war and the wages of their competitors, otherwise they would no longer be able to survive. That is why they have also included the Viking low-cost brand in their portfolio.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
After my second Kärcher, I gave up on this brand and bought a Kränzle K1150.

It has been in use for 12 years now and works perfectly.

The Kärcher brand was once the benchmark in Germany (decades ago), but in my opinion they have completely lost their good reputation.

hochdruckreiniger_kraenzle_1150_t,p-83412101,s-600.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any suggestions on the US side for an electric one?

I have a very nice Honda one (you seriously cannot go wrong with a Honda) but I’d like a smallish electric one for the cars. The petrol one is overkill and something electric could just be plugged in and set to go. But I’ve never owned an electric one so I’m clueless.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:36 PM
Reaction score
Any suggestions on the US side for an electric one?

I have a very nice Honda one (you seriously cannot go wrong with a Honda) but I’d like a smallish electric one for the cars. The petrol one is overkill and something electric could just be plugged in and set to go. But I’ve never owned an electric one so I’m clueless.
I have the SunJoe one but looking to replace it with the Craftsman, which is small and portable:

Sometimes they are on sale but not much.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a SunJoe electric (2030psi, 1.76gpm) for working on 7 years, and it has done most things just fine for me. I can only think of maybe once or twice in those 7 years that I have done a "traditional" bucket wash without spray foaming

One day, some day, the plan is to move to a fancier wall mounted unit, but that can wait until a suitable garage/shop space for a tool of that stature.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
You can buy Kraenzle in the USA as well.

Screenshot_20240227_215442.jpg

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
I have the SunJoe one but looking to replace it with the Craftsman, which is small and portable:

Sometimes they are on sale but not much.
OMG I wish I had seen that when I ordered the SunJoe last year. We have a 3 story house with no easy way of getting around to the back other than going up and down stairs or around the alleyway at the end of the block. Getting the SunJoe up and down the stairs to do sidewalks, car washes, and the back drive was brutal.

Back
Top Bottom