The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Preliminary Feedback - A Great Vehicle with Minor Issues

K2grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
I have had my Grenadier for about 3 weeks now. The truck is great.... I don't get a lot of drift in my steering that I think some people are experiencing. I have adjusted to helping the wheels return to center on a turn. I can handle the turning radius. The Gren looks sharp, has the nice ride, good power, good handling, and a fuel range (300+ miles) and sound system that I think I can live with. Having said that ,I have 3 items worth noting:

1. Like many, I have a little bit of a door shower on the passenger front. I assume it is the door seal and Ill talk to the dealer about that.

2. When I turn the AC fan up, turn the radio off, and open the window, I get a high pitch sound... almost a whistling sound... like a belt is misaligned. When I close the window I cannot hear it. I will investigate this .

3. I noticed the rear split seats are not ideally configured to maximize space. I have a scenario where I wanted to carry a credenza 71 x 30 x 16 inches and a passenger. If I (1) fully recline the front seat and remove the headrests, (2) remove the rear seats bottoms that swing forward and lower the rear seats, and (3) build a rack to elevate the credenza ....I can carry the credenza BUT I cannot carry a passenger. If the split were reversed I could still cary the credenza and keep the drivers side rear seat up for my passenger. I wish they would optimize space for all of us left handed driver cars. Hopefully Ineos will consider that in the future.

None of these points are deal breakers for me...net net, I am still glad I purchased this vehicle.

Attachments

• IMG_1094.jpeg
    IMG_1094.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The high pitch whine is your ele tric steering box.

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
There are actually two things:

I.e. hearing a high pitch/whistling sound from AC system (it goes away if you set the fan speed to manual and dial it down to no more than level 2). But It won’t go away if you only close the window.

Power steering system also makes its own loud noises (depending on how folks define loud) and you may also notice some traces of power steering fluid near its reservoir cap.

Both issues are “common” and are discussed in this forum.

K2grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes , the noise seems to come from a fan that is near the small radiator in front of the passenger side front wheel , which I assume is for the a/c system.

Back
Top Bottom