The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Possible alternate locking wheel storage?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
I opted out of the factory storage locker, because I wanted something a little more secure. While looking for alternatives, I came across this product for the Sprinter, which shares the 6 x 130 bolt pattern. Expensive for sure, but looks beefy and from what I understand not much more than ordering the factory kit after the fact.
GWAlocker.jpg

Other than having to drill out the center to fit, the hub post, and sealing that somehow, does anyone have thoughts before I try it out? Not a huge fan of the exposed hardware and a determined thief will still get into it, but tempted to give it a go.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
Looks OK.
IMO a wheel cover would deter most "opportunists"
As you say a determined thief (it wouldn't take much effort) will still be able to "explore" the bin.
Personally I'd never keep anything valuable in there.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
That locking mechanism looks the same those you might find on changing room lockers or similar. It would deter the opportunist, but not somebody who had a screwdriver.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
Good points. Most of these locks can be switched out so there's a chance I could find something better. Looking at the photos I'm not sure it would even help to change the lock. The lid is so big it's a huge lever that you could pop it open easily regardless of the lock. I think for the price of this I'd rather have the chance to go hands on with it before buying.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
Good points. Most of these locks can be switched out so there's a chance I could find something better. Looking at the photos I'm not sure it would even help to change the lock. The lid is so big it's a huge lever that you could pop it open easily regardless of the lock. I think for the price of this I'd rather have the chance to go hands on with it before buying.
You have thought something like this would have been a better solution.

Screenshot_20240626-174940.jpg

Back
Top Bottom