The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Owl Vans - Let's Talk Grenadier Parts!

Onefin (Owl Vans)

Supporting Vendor
Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
Thanks that is the email I have reached out on twice. My vehicle is getting delivered next week and is RHD but I want for the left hand side of vehicle so not sure if I need to order to RHD or LHD version as it doesn’t specify which side the LHD is fitted to from what I can tell. Are you aware? Let me know if the parts come with the bracket once you get it.
The Compressor and bracket are designed to go under the driver's side seat.
The LHD version places the compressor under the Driver's side seat on the left hand side of the vehicle.
The RHD version places the compressor under the Driver's side seat on the right hand side of the vehicle.

The Bracket only option includes: The Bracket, Owl wiring harness, and Switch.
This kit doesn’t include the actual compressor or the original ARB harness that connects to the battery. That harness was included by ARB with the compressor when you bought it.

I sent you a DM regarding the emails.

Last edited:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
The Compressor and bracket are designed to go under the driver's side seat.
The LHD version places the compressor under the Driver's side seat on the left hand side of the vehicle.
The RHD version places the compressor under the Driver's side seat on the right hand side of the vehicle.

The Bracket only option includes: The Bracket, Owl wiring harness, and Switch.
No compressor or ARB the required original ARB harness that connects to the battery as this would have been supplied with the compressor you are using.

I sent you a DM regarding the emails.
Hey Onefin, thanks for that info on this awesome product. Is there anything preventing someone with a RHD vehicle (such as me) ordering the LHD version so they can place the compressor under the passenger seat in a RHD? I have looked at the spaces under the seats and the passenger side on the left of my Gren seems to have a deeper space than under my right side drivers seat, so it should work?

Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
Hey Onefin, thanks for that info on this awesome product. Is there anything preventing someone with a RHD vehicle (such as me) ordering the LHD version so they can place the compressor under the passenger seat in a RHD? I have looked at the spaces under the seats and the passenger side on the left of my Gren seems to have a deeper space than under my right side drivers seat, so it should work?
Following. Same question

ChrisR

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
I’ve reached out last week to Owl via the email address on the website and also via instagram with no reply. I live in Australia but my wife regularly travels to Los Angeles and wondering if I can order the the ARB under seat compressor kit with the braided hose and parts without the compressor as that is readily available here in AUS? I know the bracket is available on its own but want the extra parts that don’t come with the compressor. Wanting for the passenger LH side for RHD vehicle. Would be shipping to Costa Mesa 92626.
Good news, Owl have now reached out to me directly.

Borg54 (Owl Vans)

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but how scratchproof is this acrylic? I know acrylic is more likely to crack or shatter than polycarbonate in an accident scenario and I'm sure this contributes to that safety disclaimer. But I'm mostly wondering about normal/hard use and sliding it around, maybe being scuffed against the ceiling moulding, dirty hands, or whatnot over the years.

Maybe someone here has experience with these Rosen visors ... do scratches easily accumulate? Thanks!
Thanks for the update. If you use a cell phone (which is how i ordered the product) the page layout is different than what you show.

The cell phone page layout puts the pictures on top followed by price, shipping and add to cart and after this comes the google review and then the product description.
Unfortunately to see ETA you need to scroll down to the product description when you are on a mobile phone (something i didn't feel a need to do, i already read the product reviews and i saw your video on youtube).

May i suggest that you place the sold out right next to where the price is (close to add to cart) so its more obvious when accessing the page from a mobile device?

i would also place this information in the order confirmation. I think what really got me off a tangent was the sentence "We're getting your order ready to be shipped".
I would have preferred if it stated "This product is sold out, ETA for next batch is mid-october". At least in my book its hard to get an order ready to be shipped if its sold out...?

View attachment 7870944

i feel better knowing that its a miscommunication. I really didn't see that the product was delayed.
for what its worth I mostly use my cell phone and tablet for all my ordering. I almost never use a laptop or computer and i just checked, the page renders differently on mobile devices than on computers.
Sorry for the confusion. As a small company, we use Shopify for our website, and there are only so many options we have. This means many of the emails are automated, and we are unable to customize the verbiage based on product availability. I could go down the rabbit hole with you for hours about how we want the site to work and how it actually works. The mobile version of the website does still show the the lead time and we have it as high up as we can get it. Unfortunately, we cannot move it any closer to the "Add to Cart" button. What you see also likely varies by device. The bigger the device the more you can see.

IMG_0416.jpg

Borg54 (Owl Vans)

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks that is the email I have reached out on twice. My vehicle is getting delivered next week and is RHD but I want for the left hand side of vehicle so not sure if I need to order to RHD or LHD version as it doesn’t specify which side the LHD is fitted to from what I can tell. Are you aware? Let me know if the parts come with the bracket once you get it.
Yes, the compressor will work under either seat

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
Bit of an "in-the-weeds" question about the new bull bar...

Is there a reason why the mounting bracket is an L (top and front) and not a C (top, front, bottom attachment points) like on a few of the other bars out there? Is there a structural benefit to having it one way or the other? I'm a fan of Owl products in general but that question is tickling my brain as I look at existing and custom options for the bull bar.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Yes, the compressor will work under either seat
I think it’s an awesome design. There’s the spare tire mount - but I switch wheels for winter. There’s the ARB single mount on the left cargo space for the jack - but then you have to put the jack someplace. There’s the 2nd row under-seat ARB single mount with the cutout for the hose and switch on the right side cargo area - but you’re using some pretty valuable real estate for other electrical goodies. There’s the under-hood mount - but heat, dirt, etc. I think you guys nailed the magic formula. Only reason I haven’t done it yet is it’s not at the top of my list of needs, being in Wisconsin. “Oh no - we’re about to hit a patch of cow pies, people. Better air down - this s**t just got real.” I will still come up with a delusional excuse to do it - eventually.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Assuming you don't have anything super unique in your shopify setup....

My friends who have shopify stores like this integration: https://apps.shopify.com/heymerch-sales-stock-counter

You've seen this on many shopify stores. Looks like this: https://minimateapps.myshopify.com/products/hey-bag-stock-zero

fits all current themes and places the information right next to the add to cart button.

my few cents

Sorry for the confusion. As a small company, we use Shopify for our website, and there are only so many options we have. This means many of the emails are automated, and we are unable to customize th
e verbiage based on product availability. I could go down the rabbit hole with you for hours about how we want the site to work and how it actually works. The mobile version of the website does still show the the lead time and we have it as high up as we can get it. Unfortunately, we cannot move it any closer to the "Add to Cart" button. What you see also likely varies by device. The bigger the device the more you can see.

View attachment 7871225

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
I just put my order in and found the online ordering system fine. I doubt the estimated delivery time of 2-3 days to UK but we will see.

Back
Top Bottom