The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

One side lower than the other???

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Ok so I’ve finally got the tape measure out to check something that has bothered me in the back of my mind for a while.

The drivers side (RHD) of my grenadier is approx 10mm lower than the left.
This is the case from the front through to the back. I’ve measured both sides from everything from recovery points, bottom of wheel arch, top of the side mirrors and top top edge of the rear external L track. All 9-10mm lower on the right.
Tyres are the same pressure and same height.
Nothing in the vehicle that effects it.

And no, measurements were not taken while my lightweight body was in the vehicle.

I know in the 200 landcruiser there was a similar issue due to the KDSS.

Any thoughts?

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Is it how the springs settle when you get out of the vehicle? I just measured and was initially about 8mm lower on right side (RHD vehicle), but I gave it a good shake side to side and it settled level (was also interesting to hear the fuel slosh back and forth rhythmically in the tank, give it a go!)

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
90%

This is something I’ve noticed for quite a while- just voicing it now.
Just thinking that if the gas tank is full or almost full u have 140lbs ish of extra weight sitting on the right hand side all ready, but maybe a good shake like Shopkeep said is all it needs.

AWo

Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Heavy gear mounted? Air pressure? For the Defender 30 mm difference were accepted as ok.

I would give nothing about 10 mm....to be honest...that is a rough 4x4 not a swiss clock or a S-Class....

AWo

Back
Top Bottom