The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Offroad Driving Screen Disappeared

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
I am hoping someone here can back me up so I can be sure I am not going crazy...

I got my vehicle last September and prior to the first software update it received in about November 2023, when I put the vehicle into off-road mode, the main driving data screen (speedo-tacho etc) would change to an off-road specific screen. This screen showed the driving data, speed, revs & gear selection compressed into numbers only and the fuel level & water temp shrink down, but the main part of the screen changed to show the wheels and drivetrain, sort of similar to the off-road menu screen. Just to clarify, I am NOT talking about the off-road menu screen that you bring up on the larger, map & menu area on the passenger's side - that's always been there and operated the same. Along with the tyre and drivetrain temps, I'm pretty sure this off-road specific driving screen also showed additional information including wheel slip and diff lock settings. I thought this was terrific. I now wish I had a screenshot of this as the off-road driving screen vanished after the first software update, and has not returned after two more updates.

I queried this with my dealer and he was sure such a screen never existed. We both sat in the vehicle and checked after the most recent update but only the standard driving info screen remains in off-road mode. I looked through the manual but of course, nothing in there, but then there is a LOT that is not in there. So my question is - was this actually a glitch in the original software version, or was I just imagining it? Does anyone happen to still have this screen pop up in off-road mode, or does anyone have an actual screenshot of it?

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
I am hoping someone here can back me up so I can be sure I am not going crazy...

I got my vehicle last September and prior to the first software update it received in about November 2023, when I put the vehicle into off-road mode, the main driving data screen (speedo-tacho etc) would change to an off-road specific screen. This screen showed the driving data, speed, revs & gear selection compressed into numbers only and the fuel level & water temp shrink down, but the main part of the screen changed to show the wheels and drivetrain, sort of similar to the off-road menu screen. Just to clarify, I am NOT talking about the off-road menu screen that you bring up on the larger, map & menu area on the passenger's side - that's always been there and operated the same. Along with the tyre and drivetrain temps, I'm pretty sure this off-road specific driving screen also showed additional information including wheel slip and diff lock settings. I thought this was terrific. I now wish I had a screenshot of this as the off-road driving screen vanished after the first software update, and has not returned after two more updates.

I queried this with my dealer and he was sure such a screen never existed. We both sat in the vehicle and checked after the most recent update but only the standard driving info screen remains in off-road mode. I looked through the manual but of course, nothing in there, but then there is a LOT that is not in there. So my question is - was this actually a glitch in the original software version, or was I just imagining it? Does anyone happen to still have this screen pop up in off-road mode, or does anyone have an actual screenshot of it?
I know that version of the software never made it to MY24 so maybe a software update removed it from MY23. Not sure.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

You're not "going crazy"... that particular screen was removed with the xxxxx1946 s/w update much to the "disappointment" (=chagrin!) of us serious mechanically inclined enthusiast owners!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
I did like that screen and thought it was very useful. One of the reasons I delayed my software update until I could. I messaged IA about why it was deleted in the update and got the usual frustrating non-answer along the lines of ".....our technical dept have responded and said it was due to the software update."

No sh1t, tks for taking a week for that!

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Whew. I'm so glad I wasn't imagining it. Now I hope they bring it back.

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
Whew. I'm so glad I wasn't imagining it. Now I hope they bring it back.
I can confirm they get rid of it with the "last" software uppdate. What do you think of my attached proposal (dit post it in improvements but will open a specific tread for the user interface)

Attachments

• IG_OPOP_UI.jpg
    IG_OPOP_UI.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom