The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

North Georgia USA Off Road Suggestions (Fire Roads / Trails)

FlyBoyJohn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Southeast Grenadier Friends, as I'm brand new to the brand and real off-road capability, I would like to get some suggestions for fire roads/trails in North Georgia that might allow me to explore the capabilities of my Trialmaster. Any suggestions?

j3t3r

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've been wanting to hit up some trails around there:
  • Sarah's Creek
  • Earl's Ford
  • Beastly Knob OHV Area
  • Coopers Gap Rd
  • Winding Stair Gap
Some of these with a stock truck, and also dependent on weather conditions, might become challenging, so I was kind of waiting to go with at least another vehicle to help with potential recovery. It might be fun to start a thread on the forum and pick one weekend to head out there and meet up.

And also agree with @anand that Georgia Traverse is great starting point to researching places to drive in North Georgia. Some of the Traverse goes through the roads surrounding Cohutta Wilderness; it's mostly FSR and not really super technically but very beautiful and worth the trip!

FlyBoyJohn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've been wanting to hit up some trails around there:
  • Sarah's Creek
  • Earl's Ford
  • Beastly Knob OHV Area
  • Coopers Gap Rd
  • Winding Stair Gap
Some of these with a stock truck, and also dependent on weather conditions, might become challenging, so I was kind of waiting to go with at least another vehicle to help with potential recovery. It might be fun to start a thread on the forum and pick one weekend to head out there and meet up.

And also agree with @anand that Georgia Traverse is great starting point to researching places to drive in North Georgia. Some of the Traverse goes through the roads surrounding Cohutta Wilderness; it's mostly FSR and not really super technically but very beautiful and worth the trip!
Definitely interested in a meet up and drive.

FlyBoyJohn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After pulling down the Trails Offroad app, I decided to go up Nimblewell Gap Road (which was really just a pretty well maintained dirt road) and then down Old Bucktown Road, which Trails Offroad ranks as a "moderate" difficulty trail. The Grenadier did well. Didn't have to lock any diffs and was able to stay in high range without any problems whatsoever. Total time to run ~4 miles of Nimblewell and ~2 miles of Bucktown was about 2 hours, up and back. Bucktown will really show you how nicely it handles in mud, over rocks and up some very rutty "road"

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 13

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After pulling down the Trails Offroad app, I decided to go up Nimblewell Gap Road (which was really just a pretty well maintained dirt road) and then down Old Bucktown Road, which Trails Offroad ranks as a "moderate" difficulty trail. The Grenadier did well. Didn't have to lock any diffs and was able to stay in high range without any problems whatsoever. Total time to run ~4 miles of Nimblewell and ~2 miles of Bucktown was about 2 hours, up and back. Bucktown will really show you how nicely it handles in mud, over rocks and up some very rutty "road"
Another QR!! :love:
She got dirty and scratched!! Peter's Mill Run outside of Woodstock VA going into George Washington National Forest / Shenandoah National Forest - a proper intro to her "purpose build" ability - this was the midway "resting" pond.
Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG-7047.JPG
    IMG-7047.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom