The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

NOCO loco

Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
Space is a premium here, so I'm thinking of putting the NOCO batter maintainer in the engine bay as opposed to under the rear seat. It also has the advantage of being much easier to wire to a good charge point, and the cord end can be accessible thru the grill like my diesel block heaters.

If anyone sees a fly in the ointment, lemmie know.

nocolo2a.jpgnocoloco2b.jpgnocoloc1.jpg
I notice 2 captive nuts in the sheet metal at the location in the engine bay, so the plan is to have the fab shop make a drop in sheet metal pocket. Testing the unit today, it defaults to the flooded setting when powered up, which makes it convenient.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
Space is a premium here, so I'm thinking of putting the NOCO batter maintainer in the engine bay as opposed to under the rear seat. It also has the advantage of being much easier to wire to a good charge point, and the cord end can be accessible thru the grill like my diesel block heaters.

If anyone sees a fly in the ointment, lemmie know.

View attachment 7868841View attachment 7868842View attachment 7868843
I notice 2 captive nuts in the sheet metal at the location in the engine bay, so the plan is to have the fab shop make a drop in sheet metal pocket. Testing the unit today, it defaults to the flooded setting when powered up, which makes it convenient.
The main drawback (no pun intended) is that the Li-ion device is sensitive to heat. The engine bay is a hostile environment in this regard.... It's one of the main reasons why Li-ion batteries thus located, often do not live up to expectations as replacements for lead acid starter batteries.

Last edited:

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
As @DenisM says above - it's hot under the hood. Check with NOCO for the operational parameters of the unit. Maybe place a thermometer under the hood on a hot day and see what temps you're getting. You might need a simple heat shield. You're not on the turbo side so that's a plus.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
I would not trust the noco under the hood.
Why not keep the aux power on and just connect the noco through the roof power tap? Or is it parked outdoors?

Local time
Reaction score
As @DenisM says above - it's hot under the hood. Check with NOCO for the operational parameters of the unit. Maybe place a thermometer under the hood on a hot day and see what temps you're getting. You might need a simple heat shield. You're not on the turbo side so that's a plus.
That’s why I’m not just making a bracket. I can put some reflective insulation on the box. The 10 will top will top them off quickly also. If it craps out, I’ll have a place to put some rags. :)

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I would not trust the noco under the hood.
Why not keep the aux power on and just connect the noco through the roof power tap? Or is it parked outdoors?
Well, outdoors. My warehouse is 10 miles away.

Back
Top Bottom