The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

No screen and multiple alarms

jucumari

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
My screen has gone blank, multiple lights and alarms sounding.
2024 trialmaster with aux battery system; 4670 miles; 4 hours from dealer; no software update; no problems with grenadier until this.

Four days ago we had a light rain. That afternoon I got into the car and noticed some wetness in the overhead liner (Picture 1 - damp overhead liner).

IMG_0289.jpg

I also saw some drips from the overhead (Picture 2- water droplets).

IMG_E5B4427165FA-1.jpeg

I dried the area and inspected the roof and saw no issues. Yesterday, I drove the Grenadier and a few minutes into the drive, I noticed that the right side of the infotainment screen changed color, then the same side of the screen began to flash between black and this purple color (Picture 3-purple info screen).
IMG_0295.jpg

I decided to head back given the issue and within about 5 minutes, the entire screen went fully blank and stayed that way, and multiple telltale lights came on, beeps started, and the turn signals were only functioning intermittently (Photo 4 - telltale while driving)
IMG_2945B57CE24D-1.jpeg

I looked on the forum and, in the manual for any ideas. I tried the mute button reset (30-sec hold) and it did nothing. I tried disconnecting the battery per the manual's instructions (disconnect ground from battery connector, negative from auxiliary battery, then negative from primary battery). I waited 10 minutes, then reconnected all in reverse order. Waited another 10 minutes. Turned key to activate the battery and multiple alarms still showing and lights flashing including locker lights, lights behind vent and hvac controls knob, and interior lighting. Started vehicle, and had continued multiple telltale alerts, constant seatbelt chiming, lights flashing. I shut down grenadier and waited overnight. Today, a half start showed multiple [but different] telltale lights and no screen - entirely black, no gauges, speed, etc. - (Photo 5 - half start telltale).

View attachment IMG_0306.jpg

I started the grenadier and got similar lights and more on the telltale. The seatbelt alarm was also constantly alarming. The lights that were flashing yesterday we no longer flashing (Photo 6 - full start).

IMG_A50812503BCF-1.jpeg

I shut off the grenadier and took the key out, and locked the door, the seatbelt chime was still alarming inside. I reinserted the key, turned halfway, and then turned back off and seatbelt chime stopped.

Any ideas, guidance or help? Should I drive it to the dealer 4 hours away? Should I have it towed all the way there (~200 miles)? Is there something I can fix?

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
I would drive it, as there doesn't seem to be any mechanical faults, and presumable the left side of the screen (gauges) is working appropriately...

Safe to say that an electronic component has failed, whether it is due to water ingress or not seems to be less important than getting it somewhere where it can be fixed

jucumari

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
I would drive it, as there doesn't seem to be any mechanical faults, and presumable the left side of the screen (gauges) is working appropriately...

Safe to say that an electronic component has failed, whether it is due to water ingress or not seems to be less important than getting it somewhere where it can be fixed
Just to clarify - the entire screen is now blank - the gauges are not visible.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
Just to clarify - the entire screen is now blank - the gauges are not visible.
If you're comfortable using your phone as a speedo or similar, I'd still drive it in lieu of the tow bill, but that's personal thought not official advice

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
My screen has gone blank, multiple lights and alarms sounding.
2024 trialmaster with aux battery system; 4670 miles; 4 hours from dealer; no software update; no problems with grenadier until this.

Four days ago we had a light rain. That afternoon I got into the car and noticed some wetness in the overhead liner (Picture 1 - damp overhead liner).

View attachment 7874941

I also saw some drips from the overhead (Picture 2- water droplets).

View attachment 7874942

I dried the area and inspected the roof and saw no issues. Yesterday, I drove the Grenadier and a few minutes into the drive, I noticed that the right side of the infotainment screen changed color, then the same side of the screen began to flash between black and this purple color (Picture 3-purple info screen).
View attachment 7874943

I decided to head back given the issue and within about 5 minutes, the entire screen went fully blank and stayed that way, and multiple telltale lights came on, beeps started, and the turn signals were only functioning intermittently (Photo 4 - telltale while driving)
View attachment 7874944

I looked on the forum and, in the manual for any ideas. I tried the mute button reset (30-sec hold) and it did nothing. I tried disconnecting the battery per the manual's instructions (disconnect ground from battery connector, negative from auxiliary battery, then negative from primary battery). I waited 10 minutes, then reconnected all in reverse order. Waited another 10 minutes. Turned key to activate the battery and multiple alarms still showing and lights flashing including locker lights, lights behind vent and hvac controls knob, and interior lighting. Started vehicle, and had continued multiple telltale alerts, constant seatbelt chiming, lights flashing. I shut down grenadier and waited overnight. Today, a half start showed multiple [but different] telltale lights and no screen - entirely black, no gauges, speed, etc. - (Photo 5 - half start telltale).

View attachment 7874953

I started the grenadier and got similar lights and more on the telltale. The seatbelt alarm was also constantly alarming. The lights that were flashing yesterday we no longer flashing (Photo 6 - full start).

View attachment 7874946

I shut off the grenadier and took the key out, and locked the door, the seatbelt chime was still alarming inside. I reinserted the key, turned halfway, and then turned back off and seatbelt chime stopped.

Any ideas, guidance or help? Should I drive it to the dealer 4 hours away? Should I have it towed all the way there (~200 miles)? Is there something I can fix?
I tried to see if you have the safari windows, but even in the reflections I couldn't tell!

If you have them, this could be due to the gasket of the Safari windows that aren't glued as should be.
I had the same problem shortly after getting my car in May 2023. See my post here:

But lucky for me, it was (and still is) a 2023 model with no electronics on the roof and windscreen.

Back
Top Bottom