The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Trialmaster Owner

ShootingCar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I’m finally a Trialmaster Owner.
I first saw a post on the Upland Journal Forum about Grenadiers in 2021 by a guy who had put an order in for one. I thought yeah right those are never going to materialize.
Then on this past January 31st I first saw my first one in real life in nearby Sedona at the Safeway parking lot and walked across the lot to take a pic of it. At first I thought it was an updated Defender until I saw the name.
I was taking pics of it and the owner, Matt Franke was sitting in and I asked him about it. He was most gracious in enlightening me on it and this was a test trip of his.
It got me thinking about if this was a possibility.
I came up with a plan to sell my 1969 Land Rover Series 2a 88 ECR Build and my 2017 Land Cruiser to replace them both with a new Grenadier. My wife was clear that the Rover and Cruiser had to sell first.
So I ordered my new Grenadier on February 13th and changed it several times along the way. It was to be delivered in 9-10 months.
So I scrambled to prepare and advertise the Rover for sale first. It went to Eurosport in Phx to be photographed and listed on their Bazzarre webpage. And it set there for months. I posted it here and on Rovers North and the Expedition Exchange. Just this summer, I was giving up hope that anything would happen and this was just a boondoggle. When an interested party was flying to Phx from NC to look at it.
At the same time, we were in San Diego and stopped and test drove a blue Trialmaster that was nicer than what I ordered and I began to dream that if the Rover sold that week that we could buy this truck.
Well the Rover did sell through Eurosport and I sold the Land Cruiser to a Toyota Dealership in Phx and we bought this Blue Trialmaster.

It was delivered here to our driveway about midnight two or three days ago by the Russian Transporters. We got it titled, licensed and insured and took it for its maiden voyage yesteday. As its monsoon season it was raining. But we went anyway. But with our monsoons, we get lots of rainbows which seem to happen often here as was the day we arrived in 2022 when we moved here. So there was a rainbow today on our drive and we were able to celebrate our new truck with it.
So it is the new vehicle of our adventures.
And as it is a vehicle originated in England and named the Grenadier after the famous Grenadier Pub in London where its idea was first conceived by an English Knight, I thought this moment should be celebrated with an English Gin and Tonic with Bombay Sapphire Gin in a blue bottle to match.

I’ve ordered the Tougher Light Khaki Seat Covers, bags and spare cover and a new Truck Vault for the rear and getting acquainted with this rig.

It’s a new journey of discovery.

Attachments

• IMG_9491.jpeg
    IMG_9491.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0239.jpeg
    IMG_0239.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0238.jpeg
    IMG_0238.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0233.jpeg
    IMG_0233.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0230.jpeg
    IMG_0230.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0226.jpeg
    IMG_0226.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0197.jpeg
    IMG_0197.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0194.jpeg
    IMG_0194.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0195.jpeg
    IMG_0195.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9487.jpeg
    IMG_9487.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9490.jpeg
    IMG_9490.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 31

Jeroendecker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I’m finally a Trialmaster Owner.
I first saw a post on the Upland Journal Forum about Grenadiers in 2021 by a guy who had put an order in for one. I thought yeah right those are never going to materialize.
Then on this past January 31st I first saw my first one in real life in nearby Sedona at the Safeway parking lot and walked across the lot to take a pic of it. At first I thought it was an updated Defender until I saw the name.
I was taking pics of it and the owner, Matt Franke was sitting in and I asked him about it. He was most gracious in enlightening me on it and this was a test trip of his.
It got me thinking about if this was a possibility.
I came up with a plan to sell my 1969 Land Rover Series 2a 88 ECR Build and my 2017 Land Cruiser to replace them both with a new Grenadier. My wife was clear that the Rover and Cruiser had to sell first.
So I ordered my new Grenadier on February 13th and changed it several times along the way. It was to be delivered in 9-10 months.
So I scrambled to prepare and advertise the Rover for sale first. It went to Eurosport in Phx to be photographed and listed on their Bazzarre webpage. And it set there for months. I posted it here and on Rovers North and the Expedition Exchange. Just this summer, I was giving up hope that anything would happen and this was just a boondoggle. When an interested party was flying to Phx from NC to look at it.
At the same time, we were in San Diego and stopped and test drove a blue Trialmaster that was nicer than what I ordered and I began to dream that if the Rover sold that week that we could buy this truck.
Well the Rover did sell through Eurosport and I sold the Land Cruiser to a Toyota Dealership in Phx and we bought this Blue Trialmaster.

It was delivered here to our driveway about midnight two or three days ago by the Russian Transporters. We got it titled, licensed and insured and took it for its maiden voyage yesteday. As its monsoon season it was raining. But we went anyway. But with our monsoons, we get lots of rainbows which seem to happen often here as was the day we arrived in 2022 when we moved here. So there was a rainbow today on our drive and we were able to celebrate our new truck with it.
So it is the new vehicle of our adventures.
And as it is a vehicle originated in England and named the Grenadier after the famous Grenadier Pub in London where its idea was first conceived by an English Knight, I thought this moment should be celebrated with an English Gin and Tonic with Bombay Sapphire Gin in a blue bottle to match.

I’ve ordered the Tougher Light Khaki Seat Covers, bags and spare cover and a new Truck Vault for the rear and getting acquainted with this rig.

It’s a new journey of discovery.
Enjoy! Its awesome!

Back
Top Bottom