The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Never had so many beeps

scotchjeff

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:02 AM
Reaction score
İ have never considered selling a vehicle because it has so many loud and annoying beeps/warning sounds.

It is horrible...I can't believe Ineos still has not put out a software update for the speeding clicking....they could ask every owner for $100USD and we would all happily kick in to make that feature happen next day.

The warning sound for low fuel or door open is so loud...is there a way to adjust it?

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
İ have never considered selling a vehicle because it has so many loud and annoying beeps/warning sounds.

It is horrible...I can't believe Ineos still has not put out a software update for the speeding clicking....they could ask every owner for $100USD and we would all happily kick in to make that feature happen next day.

The warning sound for low fuel or door open is so loud...is there a way to adjust it?

You can have it loud, super loud and finally loud enough to wake the dead.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
I'm assuming your dealer set the FAV button as a shortcut to the ADAS page to make turning all those off a simple 5-10 second, 3 touch process. If not, that's a good start.

Unfortunately, welcome to the world of beeps and alerts from traffic related electronics, there are a number of people on the Toyota/Lexus boards saying the same thing about the new LC250/GX550; but interestingly, no one is requesting/demanding/expecting Toyota to issue a software update to change the way it operates.

Nearly 14k miles and 4 months into ownership and I can say I don't think I'd pay $100 to avoid pressing a few buttons; probably half the time I don't even end up turning the ADAS warnings off as they are easy enough to silence when it happens (for speed clicks, just lift your foot all the way off the throttle, and then continue, the clicks/alerts stop).

Now, I'd pay $100 for a device to permanently disable the auto start/stop (as I have for other vehicles), but this market is quite small and niche for someone to develop that tool in the aftermarket

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone notice that when you click the fav button the infotainment screen puts you every so often in the input select screen?

And every so often it just drops 2 the Bluetooth connection every few minutes for 30 minutes repeatedly and then it just works for weeks?

Little gremlins that are annoying.

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:02 AM
Reaction score
And every so often it just drops 2 the Bluetooth connection every few minutes for 30 minutes repeatedly and then it just works for weeks?

Little gremlins that are annoying.

Yes - I have learned to wait about a minute or so after starting to hit Fav button. If I wait it does not disconnect the bluetooth connection.

Jlock1201

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score

I’m in the same boat. I’m selling it and going back to rover if they don’t fix. Annoying !

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
The noise it makes when the seatbelt is not fastened is deafening. Sometimes I release the seatbelt for ease in turning to look back when Im backing into the driveway or a parking place. My wife is then screaming with her hands over her ears yelling "STOP, STOP". Why is it so fucking loud? It would perform its purpose at half the decibel level.

Back
Top Bottom