The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My new 2024 Ineos Grenadier Trialmaster

Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
Hello Ineos Community, I Custom ordered for a Grenadier Trialmaster

Window sticker $90,180 Purchased from Sierra Ineos in Irvine, CA. I had the vehicle shipped to Miami Beach FL which is where I am currently.

Received the Vehicle on June 11, 2024 with

As soon as I turned the vehicle on for the first time I experienced the following issues.

-4 different warning lights turned on on the dash

-Computer and Apple car p[lay froze

-Battery voltage low warning light

-Driver side Door trim was completely loose and falling off

-Driver door would not close properly

-AC would not cool properly, would blow hot air, and make a loud buzzing sound when on level 4 (high) at times, it would blow hot air for over 1 hour (very unpleasant in the Miami summer)

-The keys to locking spare compartment would not work properly

-Transmission felt like it was stalling out at low speeds.

Immediately called the sales manager (that sold me the car) Matthew Alexander at Sierra Ineos to let him know. He Instructed me to call the nearest dealer. Next, I contacted Holman Motorcars in Ft Lauderdale Florida (which is 1 hour away from where I live) to make an appointment for service. It took over a week to get an appointment setup, and Holman Ineos said that Ineos does not offer loaners or reimbursed for rental vehicles. I told them that this is a big problem as the Grenadier is our only vehicle we currently have for the family and need a vehicle. After quite a bit of back and forth and frustration Holman Ineos agreed to get me a loaner, they offered me a demo car to drive while my Grenadier was in Service. I dropped of my Grenadier on July 11th with 810 miles on the Odometer

On July 19th, The Demo/Loaner Ineos broke down on the highway. I was traveling at 70mph and the transmission and transfer case started to vibrate and make a very loud sound, and the vehicle came out of gear and would not accelerate, I had to roll over to the shoulder from the left lane, extremely dangerous. The transmission would not shift into drive, and the loud rattling sound continued. After about 5 minutes, I was able to get the car transmission back in Drive, and I slowly started accelerating, then it popped out again. After about 15 minutes, I was able to drive off the highway, and I called Ineos to let them know, I had to get the Vehicle towed back o the dealer. I was 1 hour away from my house, and had to Uber home. Ineos then had my grenadier sent back o me on a flatbed claiming that it was all working properly. The only thing they claimed was wrong with the Vehicle was the driver side door trim. I received the vehicle that afternoon, the following morning, The AC was blowing hot air again, the transmission was stalling out and electronics froze up again, at that point I had the Grenadier sent back to Holman Ineos as the issues were all still present. (July 20th)

I had to pay for a tow truck and rent a car to drive for 4 days until the returned the car.

I contacted Ineos headquarters to file a complaint and a claim. I spent about 1 hour explaining everything to the rep, they said they would contact us in a few days., Still no answer or response.

On July 24th Ineos claimed they could not replicate the issue and that the car was fine and that had to go pick it up. I had my wife drive me to the dealer to pick up the car. As soon as We turned on the car, the entire display froze for about 20 seconds, the AC had delays turning on.

Next morning the AC was not blowing cold again. I called Ineos and was pretty furious at this point. I told them that I was going to drop the car off again, for the third time, and that I did not want it back until it works properly. The Sales manager Sergio told me If I dropped the car off and left it there, they would condor the vehicle abandoned and have it towed away! This is the way INEOS head of sales treats a customer that just bought an almost $100,000 car ($90k + taxes registration etc)

I contacted Ineos corporate again (4 times actually) and no response no solution.

Holman Ineos stated that INEOS will not buy parts or further examine what is wrong as they cannot replicate that issue. I purchased a digital thermometer and made a video to show Chris (service rep) that the AC still blows hot air about 3 times/ day.

At that point he allowed me to drop the car off again, and Ineos seems to have now allocated a few more loaners.

The current loaner, also seems to be having electrical issues, as I have had power steering warning lights turn on, the alarm indicating the tribune was open was going off all day and the trunk was closed properly, and the transmission seems to be stalling out at low speeds.

I was informed that My vehicle is ready for pick up again, and after an 100 mile extended road test they could not replicate the issues.

So far this has been my experience with INEOS as a brand.

Sincerely, Nicolas

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
Hello Ineos Community, I Custom ordered for a Grenadier Trialmaster

Window sticker $90,180 Purchased from Sierra Ineos in Irvine, CA. I had the vehicle shipped to Miami Beach FL which is where I am currently.

Received the Vehicle on June 11, 2024 with

As soon as I turned the vehicle on for the first time I experienced the following issues.

-AC would not cool properly, would blow hot air, and make a loud buzzing sound when on level 4 (high) at times, it would blow hot air for over 1 hour (very unpleasant in the Miami summer)

Immediately called the sales manager (that sold me the car) Matthew Alexander at Sierra Ineos to let him know. He Instructed me to call the nearest dealer. Next, I contacted Holman Motorcars in Ft Lauderdale Florida (which is 1 hour away from where I live) to make an appointment for service. It took over a week to get an appointment setup, and Holman Ineos said that Ineos does not offer loaners or reimbursed for rental vehicles. I told them that this is a big problem as the Grenadier is our only vehicle we currently have for the family and need a vehicle. After quite a bit of back and forth and frustration Holman Ineos agreed to get me a loaner, they offered me a demo car to drive while my Grenadier was in Service. I dropped of my Grenadier on July 11th with 810 miles on the Odometer

On July 19th, The Demo/Loaner Ineos broke down on the highway. I was traveling at 70mph and the transmission and transfer case started to vibrate and make a very loud sound, and the vehicle came out of gear and would not accelerate, I had to roll over to the shoulder from the left lane, extremely dangerous. The transmission would not shift into drive, and the loud rattling sound continued. After about 5 minutes, I was able to get the car transmission back in Drive, and I slowly started accelerating, then it popped out again. After about 15 minutes, I was able to drive off the highway, and I called Ineos to let them know, I had to get the Vehicle towed back o the dealer. I was 1 hour away from my house, and had to Uber home. Ineos then had my grenadier sent back o me on a flatbed claiming that it was all working properly. The only thing they claimed was wrong with the Vehicle was the driver side door trim. I received the vehicle that afternoon, the following morning, The AC was blowing hot air again, the transmission was stalling out and electronics froze up again, at that point I had the Grenadier sent back to Holman Ineos as the issues were all still present. (July 20th)

I had to pay for a tow truck and rent a car to drive for 4 days until the returned the car.

I contacted Ineos headquarters to file a complaint and a claim. I spent about 1 hour explaining everything to the rep, they said they would contact us in a few days., Still no answer or response.

On July 24th Ineos claimed they could not replicate the issue and that the car was fine and that had to go pick it up. I had my wife drive me to the dealer to pick up the car. As soon as We turned on the car, the entire display froze for about 20 seconds, the AC had delays turning on.

Next morning the AC was not blowing cold again. I called Ineos and was pretty furious at this point. I told them that I was going to drop the car off again, for the third time, and that I did not want it back until it works properly. The Sales manager Sergio told me If I dropped the car off and left it there, they would condor the vehicle abandoned and have it towed away! This is the way INEOS head of sales treats a customer that just bought an almost $100,000 car ($90k + taxes registration etc)

I contacted Ineos corporate again (4 times actually) and no response no solution.

Holman Ineos stated that INEOS will not buy parts or further examine what is wrong as they cannot replicate that issue. I purchased a digital thermometer and made a video to show Chris (service rep) that the AC still blows hot air about 3 times/ day.

At that point he allowed me to drop the car off again, and Ineos seems to have now allocated a few more loaners.

The current loaner, also seems to be having electrical issues, as I have had power steering warning lights turn on, the alarm indicating the tribune was open was going off all day and the trunk was closed properly, and the transmission seems to be stalling out at low speeds.

I was informed that My vehicle is ready for pick up again, and after an 100 mile extended road test they could not replicate the issues.

So far this has been my experience with INEOS as a brand.

Sincerely, Nicolas
Very poor.
A basic pdi by the dealer should have seen the low battery and hence the warning lights. Also the door rubbers are a known issue which they should have checked.

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
Ooof - sounds horrible. Let us know how it ends up. I receive mine in about a week. I’m also in Miami Beach

Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
I sure hope that does not happen to me. When my car comes in, I'll go over and look at it and make a list for them to correct. If they don't get it right I'll walk away. Many people are upset. Both here on this forum and on Youtube. I think Ineos is just trying to get as many these trucks delivered and they are gambeling on the dealers to button things up. Well it not working so good. I won't get crazy as I normally would, I will walk away, If they want to keep my $1000.00 I won't argue. I'll go for a change in direction. I walk away go a block away and look at the 2025 Lexus LX Hybrid 4X4. That being said I hope I get my Grenadier fieldmaster all serviced and ready to enjoy. Ifeel for all the buyers who are frustrated.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score

Really poor experience for you. Several of your issues are known for 23.5MY and should have been fixed before supplied.
Aircon blowing hot air is a common issue and is resolved by the dealer filling up the aircon to the correct level. (something to do with it being too cold on the sensor, so it turns the heat on thinking it is cold)
door trim is a TSB and not an issue on MY24 (as they have the fix already) but should have been picked up by the dealer.
Battery will probably be because it has been standing around unused for a while. Dealer should have checked and charged it.
Makes you wonder if they put the latest firmware on yours as well.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
Not sure about the transmission stalling, not even sure what that means.
I think he may be feeling the engagement/clunk as it drops back into 1st gear coming to a stop???

Back
Top Bottom