The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Michigan Owners, near Ann Arbor and want to help out?

WanderingSniper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,
New member here. I have had a few Jeeps and one of my favorite first mods is a hood gas strut by Redline Tuning. (I have NO affiliation with them.) I'm short and regular rods can be a pain. I just wrote them for the IG and they said it's on their list but they don't have one to measure for the bracket. Any one want to talk with them and go in to get measured? If you're interested here is the email, and maybe you can get one for free....

sales@redlinetuning.com

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
FWIW, I’m short and it’s no problem in regular mode. Thing is, the IG hood has a two different open positions so I’m not sure how a strut would work.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW, I’m short and it’s no problem in regular mode. Thing is, the IG hood has a two different open positions so I’m not sure how a strut would work.
It would effectively get rid of one or the other...

WanderingSniper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The ones on my jeep unhook very easily, which allows me to put the hood in the full open position (against the windshield) when I want to. It just makes opening it for everyday things, such as a battery tender, far easier. If you don't want it I respect that, but I really find they help me out.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The ones on my jeep unhook very easily, which allows me to put the hood in the full open position (against the windshield) when I want to. It just makes opening it for everyday things, such as a battery tender, far easier. If you don't want it I respect that, but I really find they help me out.
Without nitpicking here... Are you needing to put a battery tender on the Jeep every day? If so, for your own ease of life, I'd recommend putting an easily accessible plug on the exterior somewhere!

WanderingSniper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Without nitpicking here... Are you needing to put a battery tender on the Jeep every day? If so, for your own ease of life, I'd recommend putting an easily accessible plug on the exterior somewhere!
Ha! You are not wrong. I did that for the last year and for some reason the battery still died (3rd one), so I now put a much stronger one on that connects to the battery with clamps. And this would be the reason it's being sold and I'm buying an IG.

GrenadierUSA

CNC Machine Shop
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I will add this to my project list and see if I can throw something together.

Back
Top Bottom