The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Long Overdue Software Update

roverso

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Ineos has been available in the US since the end of 2023, why hasn't there been a software updated offered? The bugs are many and documented via so many social networks. Supposedly Ineos are sold out already for 2024, the more squeaky wheels about glitches might get their attention especially if orders get cancelled. Or will this be like the hitch where you have an item you can't use for many many months?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Ineos has been available in the US since the end of 2023, why hasn't there been a software updated offered? The bugs are many and documented via so many social networks. Supposedly Ineos are sold out already for 2024, the more squeaky wheels about glitches might get their attention especially if orders get cancelled. Or will this be like the hitch where you have an item you can't use for many many months?
The Grenadier has been in Australia since 2022 and I only just got my software update last week.
These things have to be tested and tested before applying to moving vehicles.
It's not like Adobe Acrobat that they can just update every second day.

roverso

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Grenadier has been in Australia since 2022 and I only just got my software update last week.
These things have to be tested and tested before applying to moving vehicles.
It's not like Adobe Acrobat that they can just update every second day.
So it's too much to ask that Ineos do what other vehicle makers have been doing and are doing with software updates? Have a German and Domestic vehicle both new models less than a year old that have both received updates already from the factory. Of course they can do theirs over the air versus plugging into a computer.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
So it's too much to ask that Ineos do what other vehicle makers have been doing and are doing with software updates? Have a German and Domestic vehicle both new models less than a year old that have both received updates already from the factory. Of course they can do theirs over the air versus plugging into a computer.
The "German" (or RoW) and Domestic (US) have the other major difference that they are different model years with different firmware levels and hardware between them

Skipping OTA updates was a purposeful choice in limiting modules from what I've been told

Local time
Reaction score
Skipping OTA updates was a purposeful choice in limiting modules from what I've been told
Workin' really good for them...

I'll be frank though. I actually don't believe that. They are good at creating BS reasons for oversights.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be frank though. I actually don't believe that. They are good at creating BS reasons for oversights.
Not disagreeing with that, but personally, despite the annoyance of having to go to a dealer for updates, I much prefer that than having OTA updates

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with that, but personally, despite the annoyance of having to go to a dealer for updates, I much prefer that than having OTA updates
Yup. Turning vehicles (or at least major functions of them) into accidental bricks has happened with OTAs. For any brand, it’s not “if” but “when” IMO. So I’d rather my vehicle be sitting at a dealer already when it happens.

Offer me an update every year, tell me what’s in it, and I’ll decide if and when I go to a dealer for it. (After it goes thru a ton of QA and some early eager adopters.)

Wyoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
In a perfect world OTA updates would add convenience. In practice this is evidently hard to do for more established brands like GMC/Chevrolet. I’d be furious if my car manufacturer bricked my vehicle overnight. I also think manufacturers should be required to provide plain language descriptions for what software updates accomplish prior to the consumer giving their consent for the update to happen. At this time I’m willing to travel to the dealer to discuss what the software update should/shouldn’t do and request the dealer to solve any unintended effects of a corrupt software update.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got into my 10 year old Mercedes to see a message telling me my car software had been updated overnight.
I wasn't aware it had an internet connection and it didn't tell me what it had done.
It did reset all of my settings
I also discovered that you can "opt out" of Mercedes remotely accessing your vehicle.
I did.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I got into my 10 year old Mercedes to see a message telling me my car software had been updated overnight.
I wasn't aware it had an internet connection and it didn't tell me what it had done.
It did reset all of my settings
I also discovered that you can "opt out" of Mercedes remotely accessing your vehicle.
I did.
Have you seen all the AI images of Dave B on all the transgender underwear modelling sites?
Brave new world , this internet thingy. Call me a Luddite and a bit of a perve , but hey, stone axes still work ;)

Back
Top Bottom