The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Is that a special order?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
I was down at Pebble Beach for concourse d'elegance today. A bit too crazy by the time I got there so I called up a winery I like in Carmel-by-the-sea to see if they had my shipment of wine and to see if traffic was bad down there too. "No problem" she said on the phone "come over".

As I drive down Dolores street in Carmel I had to stop at all the stop signs, and there is a bunch there.

As I'm driving down to Caracciolli cellars in the heart of Carmel a middle aged man with the money swagger of the car show crowd crosses the street and veers towards me as he sees my Grenadier, a late 20 something girlfriend in tow. He nods and says " I love land rovers, how do I get that one? Is that a special order?'"

I nod back and say "Not a Land Rover, its an Ineos ". He looks confused and asks "is that German?".

I look back at him and say "nah it's British. Made by a billionaire who felt the original Land Rover lost its ways.".

By now cars are honking at me. I nod at the guy and part ways calling out to him "Ineos grenadier, Google it, you'll want one".

And that was my grenadier experience at Monterey motor week. And lots of pictures and thumbs up, including from a group driving Lamborghini's next to me on highway 1 for a few miles.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:00 PM
Reaction score
All he had to do was watch a Quartermaster tow a Shelby on a trailer in at the Bring-A-Trailer alumni event to see more of it :)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is surprising how many "4x4" enthusiasts have not heard of an Ineos, but they are always blown away by the build.
Land Rover are hitting back with innovations though as per this fuel tank for a series 2a spotted in the Outback by a mate of mine
View attachment 7867171
Function over form!

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
I was down at Pebble Beach for concourse d'elegance today. A bit too crazy by the time I got there so I called up a winery I like in Carmel-by-the-sea to see if they had my shipment of wine and to see if traffic was bad down there too. "No problem" she said on the phone "come over".

As I drive down Dolores street in Carmel I had to stop at all the stop signs, and there is a bunch there.

As I'm driving down to Caracciolli cellars in the heart of Carmel a middle aged man with the money swagger of the car show crowd crosses the street and veers towards me as he sees my Grenadier, a late 20 something girlfriend in tow. He nods and says " I love land rovers, how do I get that one? Is that a special order?'"

I nod back and say "Not a Land Rover, its an Ineos ". He looks confused and asks "is that German?".

I look back at him and say "nah it's British. Made by a billionaire who felt the original Land Rover lost its ways.".

By now cars are honking at me. I nod at the guy and part ways calling out to him "Ineos grenadier, Google it, you'll want one".

And that was my grenadier experience at Monterey motor week. And lots of pictures and thumbs up, including from a group driving Lamborghini's next to me on highway 1 for a few miles.
Cool! Wish I would have seen your rig! I live in PG and saw a Quatermaster and a Magic Mushroom Fieldmaster also.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is surprising how many "4x4" enthusiasts have not heard of an Ineos, but they are always blown away by the build.
Land Rover are hitting back with innovations though as per this fuel tank for a series 2a spotted in the Outback by a mate of mine
View attachment 7867171
Brilliant. Gravity fed and didn’t give up the passenger seat.

Back
Top Bottom