The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

iOS remote start

scotchjeff

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this yet on their Grenadier?

IEOSNY123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
No but i just picked up mine this week and I didn't realize it had no remote start. The last 10 cars I purchased it came standard. I am seriously thinking about installing something like this. I wouldn't need a remote since I plan to keep using the factory key - I would just use the app. I was going to try and speak to someone at one of the higher end audio places that do a decent amount of aftermarket installs. Let me know if you made any progress

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this yet on their Grenadier?

That's just an app for the DroneMobile hardware... You then need the DroneMobile LTE module as well as a remote starter that is compatible with that module.

For what it's worth, I have a remote start kit with the DroneMobile LTE module on our Sprinter, and to say it is unreliable is an absolute understatement. I don't think it has worked for more than 2 weeks without a reset in the 2.5 years it's been installed (reset involves unplugging the LTE module from 12v power, replugging it in, and then requesting a new activation signal be sent)

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll follow-up with Tino at Car Toys Frisco tomorrow. Maybe he has a solution to circumvent the brake press requirement by now.

Reactions: BD1

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stupid question: Last time I had a physical key to start a vehicle, it was manual transmission…ie no remote start. Since that time, it’s all been push button start/automatic.

How does remote start work with a physical key? Do you have to still insert the key and turn to be able to select a gear and drive off?

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stupid question: Last time I had a physical key to start a vehicle, it was manual transmission…ie no remote start. Since that time, it’s all been push button start/automatic.

How does remote start work with a physical key? Do you have to still insert the key and turn to be able to select a gear and drive off?
I've had physical key remote starters. I think there's a module that acts as a turn key bypass.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, exactly

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry, still no progress with remote strartr according to Tino at Car Toys Frisco.

Zenbox

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I asked my local installer in the Minneapolis area as well and he said he will look into it, but did not have an answer yet how it could be done. It gets pretty cold up here in the winter so remote start is a nice feature. Been a long time since I have had to do without it so I will keep pushing on my end and see if something can be figured out.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have confidence in Tino. He successfully installed a Compustar T13 system in my Grenadier when others refused to even try. I'm hoping more brains can come together with solve this problem.

Reactions: BD1
Back
Top Bottom