The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Internal Bike Securing Solution

Frosty

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
Stamford Road, Exton, Oakham LE15 8AZ, UK
Hi folks, I have optioned the internal utility rails and was wondering if anybody has seen a solution for securing a bike (or bikes) with or without use of the rails?

I've always had to secure my bikes external to the vehicle and now I have Barry coming (I've already named my Gren :)) I'm happy to not have to subject my bike to the elements, but it would be great to have a tidy system for storing it, rather than just chucking it in the back...

Cheers!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in UK and always have a vehicle with tow bar so can't help, we use a Pendle Bikes (heavy duty) on tow ball rack. Super robust.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You're a little compromised by the fact Ineos have only laid the tracks along the sides and too close for handles bars (straight on), but you could fit at an angle:
Loaded-Bikes-Fork-Mount-in-Mercedes-Vito.jpg

Or with some extra structure:
2022-07-11-10.18.12.jpg

Frosty

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
With all of the vertical space, would it be possible to have bikes upright (with front tire off) ? Or is there not enough room?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
Go out and by yourself a 2x4 and you can buy truck bed mounts. Then build it yourself with L track mounts. All in it might cost you 100 dollars

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mate - they are both ideal - do you know where I can purchase?
Nice one!
I'm sure others are available, some probably cheaper, but the one shown comes from:

Edit: I have some Saris fork holders which have worked great for the last 10 years. Much cheaper kit but without the bespoke fasteners for L track and also offer a wheel holder if you don't want it bouncing around loose:
68b827ae-f74e-5ada-8d2b-38029d1f9154.jpeg

Last edited:

Frosty

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure others are available, some probably cheaper, but the one shown comes from:

Edit: I have some Saris fork holders which have worked great for the last 10 years. Much cheaper kit but without the bespoke fasteners for L track and also offer a wheel holder if you don't want it bouncing around loose:
View attachment 7804357
I really appreciate it - I’m going to order one - does the Gren use unwin rails do you know?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I really appreciate it - I’m going to order one - does the Gren use unwin rails do you know?
No is the short answer to whether I know.

I don't think there's any technical info in the public domain or indeed anyone who's tried a standard unwin fastening in a customer vehicle belt to confirm.

It would be strange to me if it was different, but...

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
Rear seat backrest and bike transport.

Sorry... I didn't found this thread before syarting a new thread...
Studying an anchoring system for two bicycles to be transported in the boot of the Grenadier, and checking the measurements of both the bikes and the boot, I came to the conclusion that the best geometry should be with the forks of the bikes (without the front wheels) fixed to the special thru-pin blocks anchored to rear panel of reclining rear seats. The fork blocks could be bolted to a rail similar to the one stock on the Grenadier. Do you think the rear seat back panel is strong enough to anchor a standard rail to it? If not, any suggestions to strengthen it?
Print

Back
Top Bottom