The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?
Yes, seats.Screenshot_20240919-203600.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
Quite some press releases, but usually you need a subscription to read it completely.

And it was known since July that Recaro had financial difficulties!

On this French site, no subscription necessary:

But, interesting information there: they (Ineos) will start selling to China and Mexico!

[EDITED] And here another link in English:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
I have to say this "You gotta be kidding me, like this is killing me."Time to find another seat supplier versus waiting to see if Recaro turns around. There are a lot of manufacturers that use Recaro and Ineos will be at the bottom of the list in terms of order supply. Get going now before someone swoops in and takes your spot in line at another manufacture.

Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
I am hoping Ineos is not using this Recaro trouble as convenient excuse to pause production, pause operational bleed.

On the other hand, it’s entirely plausible that ineos doesn’t have the maturity to establish resiliency in their supply chain. One supplier’s hiccup shuts down the entire operation.

I wonder if the incentives will now be pulled back, due to supply constraint through the rest of 2024

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

This is due to the fact that Recaro can no longer supply seats because of the insolvency. Now it has to be clarified internally how to proceed.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
“Although it is only a small interior part, the manufacturer is the only supplier, reports the trade journal Automotive News Europe and quotes Lynn Calder, CEO of Ineos Automotive. "It's a small part, but we can't sell the car without it." That is why production at the Ineos factory in Hambach in the French department of Moselle is suspended for an unforeseeable period of time.

The supplier, whose name the manager did not want to name, is in a pre-insolvency situation. Calder also did not want to give an estimate of how long the production break will last. Under certain circumstances, the problem could drag on into the new year. However, Ineos is looking for a second supplier for the component. she said.

Ineos now wants to inform its dealers and customers about the delivery problem, but is sticking to its expansion plans. The planned market launch in China and Mexico will not be postponed, the demand for the Ineos models will continue to be high. In just a few months, it will be 20,000. Vehicle delivered”

From here

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If there is an alternative, it must be qualified quickly in order to obtain approval as quickly as possible.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cobra seats, UK manufacture. Solved, come on Lynn
I do not know these. Therefore, I cannot make a judgement. I can imagine scheel-mann seats (formerly without a hyphen). Greiner, which manufactures these seats, is almost in the neighbourhood of the headquarters in Böblingen. Let's wait and see.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I say Cobra seats out of the UK.
I do not know these. Therefore, I cannot make a judgement. I can imagine scheel-mann seats (formerly without a hyphen). Greiner, which manufactures these seats, is almost in the neighbourhood of the headquarters in Böblingen. Let's wait and see.

AWo

Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
Pausing the whole production because seats can't be delivered? Stopping all? Isn't that far more expensive than continuoing witout seats?

When I was at MAN Trucks around 2006 in Dachau/Germany they received no fuel tanks from the external supplier. So the trucks were pulled outside, parked and had to wait to get them fitted them later.

I don't believe that.

BTW, if Ineos doesn't pay their bills on time, a supplier can get in serious trouble, as they have to pre-finance the whole game. That can even kill
medium-sized companies.

AWo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom