The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How to get a cable from the roof into my grenadier

Koenstravel

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
Hello guys, I want to bring in some cables into my grenadier from the roof ( will be a RTT Alucab) for feeding 12V to my RTT and for potentially bringing solar to connect to my MPPT. For clarity I do have the pre-prepared electricity connects on the roof and plan to use these later for LED lights etc. These pre installed connectors connect to the start battery. I want to use a new cable next to the ones that are pre-prepared so not using an existing one. I will connect this to a separate household battery system ( victron). My ask is now has anyone some best practice where and how you brought in the cable and maybe share some pictures of how you did this.

that would be awesome !
Thanks a million and Happy driving
greetz
K

explorersoverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
Hi Koen,

I’ve used one of the pre-prepared holes for 3 cables. 2 for the solar panel and 1 for the 12v outlets in the tent. Just remove the 6 screws and you will find it. If you use a small cable first you can easily guide the cable inside.

And when you have only one cable without protection you can make it much nicer then I did 😂

Here is some info about our Victron setup:
View: https://youtu.be/yPmnRQ1u3RY?si=_5vPb_6gN2iA8zh3

Attachments

• IMG_6101.jpeg
    IMG_6101.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6103.jpeg
    IMG_6103.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6104.jpeg
    IMG_6104.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 92