The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Chester UK

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently a G wagon owner that is looking at switching to a Grenadier. Had a test drive today of both the petrol and diesel and so far so good.

Just trying to work out what the right spec is!
Hi artschool, Give serious consideration to those things that can't easily be added after the fact, Safari Windows, High Auxiliary Switch Panel/Power, Front Winch,
Dual Batteries, Front and Rear Lockers, Tow Package and perhaps even Leather seats. Perhaps look at the Trialmaster Model and make sure these items are checked off and then see if there is anything you could live without and uncheck those. I am sure others can chime in here. DaBull

Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
Hi artschool, Give serious consideration to those things that can't easily be added after the fact, Safari Windows, High Auxiliary Switch Panel/Power, Front Winch,
Dual Batteries, Front and Rear Lockers, Tow Package and perhaps even Leather seats. Perhaps look at the Trialmaster Model and make sure these items are checked off and then see if there is anything you could live without and uncheck those. I am sure others can chime in here. DaBull
thank you for that. definitely ticking all of those except the winch? not sure i would use that but it would be handy to have.
my current sticking point is the problems i read about the microphone for phone calls?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
thank you for that. definitely ticking all of those except the winch? not sure i would use that but it would be handy to have.
my current sticking point is the problems i read about the microphone for phone calls?
Hi @artschool, I completely agree with @DaBull's comments make sure the items you want are spec'd at build as some items are not readily available to retro fit. As for the microphone issues that have been mentioned in some threads, I have to say I've never had a problem. Mine was built with the 1940 software and have used it with 2 separate Android phones, with no issues. Being a 23 MY I've added a wireless dongle ( not sure if 24 models are now wireless) and I think 24 models have an updated software because they are fitted with driver assistance items

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @artschool, I completely agree with @DaBull's comments make sure the items you want are spec'd at build as some items are not readily available to retro fit. As for the microphone issues that have been mentioned in some threads, I have to say I've never had a problem. Mine was built with the 1940 software and have used it with 2 separate Android phones, with no issues. Being a 23 MY I've added a wireless dongle ( not sure if 24 models are now wireless) and I think 24 models have an updated software because they are fitted with driver assistance items
I've used mine with wireless dongle and hard wired, everyone moans about the hands free although I can hear them clearly. 23 model and all updates.
Helps keep the calls short to concentrate on the driving 😀

Miles

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, I have the microphone issue and I can hear people clearly but they struggle hearing me as there is background interference, a whine when the engine is ticking over, my dealer has replaced the microphone once but the issue persists, I would love to find a solution but this is a really minor issue in an overall fantastic vehicle. It has character and the odd flaw but nothing to put me off and I have had mine nearly a year with 15,000 miles on the clock

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the issues with the hands free, callers said I sounded like a Dalek. Since the vehicle had it’s first service the dealer made some sort of adjustment and it’s been fine. I’ll ask the next time I’m at the dealer what was done.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had the issues with the hands free, callers said I sounded like a Dalek. Since the vehicle had it’s first service the dealer made some sort of adjustment and it’s been fine. I’ll ask the next time I’m at the dealer what was done.
Please do as mine really does need fixing and if @artschool is probably using the same dealer as me it will help us both

Local time
Reaction score
i phoned a few people whilst on the test drive (of 2 different grenadiers petrol & diesel) i could hear fine but they said i was crackly on the other side.
hopefully there will be a fix at some point

Back
Top Bottom