The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General has anyone removed the rear muffler.

Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the rear muffler and heard the truck?

I'm just kinda curious as there's a bit of space there I'd like to utilize for a rear winch. Maybe remove that and enlarge the pre muffler.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I'm just kinda curious as there's a bit of space there I'd like to utilize for a rear winch. Maybe remove that and enlarge the pre muffler.
Listen to the videos of the Milltek exhaust; all they do is replace the rear muffler with a Y pipe and 2 exhaust tips

Local time
Reaction score
Listen to the videos of the Milltek exhaust; all they do is replace the rear muffler with a Y pipe and 2 exhaust tips
not horrid. im curious how loud that is in real life. it seems i can have a slightly larger muffler in the mid section and one pipe out the back. It's always a guess how it's going to sound out the tip. if i can eliminate the roll bar i can clean up that entire mess in back. the rods really stick down.

eddyoz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score

Recently fitted a Brown Davis aux fuel tank which necessitated removal of the entire rear muffler.It was replaced with a single 3" tailpipe absolutely no difference [by my ears]in level.

Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
Recently fitted a Brown Davis aux fuel tank which necessitated removal of the entire rear muffler.It was replaced with a single 3" tailpipe absolutely no difference [by my ears]in level.
Yes did the same fitting the brown Davis tank and the muffler removal on a B57, and could not tell any noise difference, but the Americans have the B58 which in my opinion is substantianly louder when I heard them running side by side at the dealership.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
I have the B58 engine also and awaiting someone to come up with an auxiliary fuel tank and rear muffler delete for that. I think the petrol engine with the muffler delete sounds good.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks all. Ill have to take a day and remove the plastic in the back and see what all I'm dealing with back there.

Back
Top Bottom