The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Has anyone added a towing hitch after?

CloudVisual

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
Harwoods, Portsmouth. They were very helpful.
Interestingly, I had mine in for a warranty issue fix and they said the module for towing was installed and couldn't see why the OEM towing electrics couldn't be installed. When changing the module it caused the TSA to disable, which surely shouldn't exist on a model which hasn't had to programmed at the factory (I'm guessing here).

Either way, I may give them a call. Do you happen to know if this work was done solely by them or did they call in Buzz Overland to do the work?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
I was told it's approx £4000 from my dealer, is that about right, seems a bit steep??
Very, I'm sure if spec'ed at build it was a circa £650 option

Back in Black

GG-6681
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
I was told it's approx £4000 from my dealer, is that about right, seems a bit steep??
I asked my dealer here and they said the factory hitch would be about $3000 to install. They also quoted their own aftermarket hitch install @ $884 as a better option. I decided to order a new hitch from CAtuned - cost me $305, including shipping - which should be here Friday. I'll have to deal with the wiring harness later. So it seems like the factory option is ridiculous, by a lot, after the fact!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked my dealer here and they said the factory hitch would be about $3000 to install. They also quoted their own aftermarket hitch install @ $884 as a better option. I decided to order a new hitch from CAtuned - cost me $305, including shipping - which should be here Friday. I'll have to deal with the wiring harness later. So it seems like the factory option is ridiculous, by a lot, after the fact!
Just remember that CATuned's hitch isn't rated for towing...

edit: Also the bulk of the "OEM" implementation after the fact is the cost of the TRM (the towing module that interfaces with all the other electronics on the vehicle) and the wiring

Back in Black

GG-6681
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just remember that CATuned's hitch isn't rated for towing...

edit: Also the bulk of the "OEM" implementation after the fact is the cost of the TRM (the towing module that interfaces with all the other electronics on the vehicle) and the wiring
What makes you say that? The website states it's for towing. It doesn't look any different from other hitches I've had in the past. I don't really do much so I'm certainly no expert. I only need the capability to tow a light duty trailer (dump runs, etc.) and it appears to be adequate for that application. Is there something I'm missing?

Oscar3rd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
What makes you say that? The website states it's for towing. It doesn't look any different from other hitches I've had in the past. I don't really do much so I'm certainly no expert. I only need the capability to tow a light duty trailer (dump runs, etc.) and it appears to be adequate for that application. Is there something I'm missing?
I can accommodate you with hitch and bolts. 375.00 plus freight and tax

Attachments

• 20343795-F549-4D92-8E98-7FB5186DA493.jpeg
    20343795-F549-4D92-8E98-7FB5186DA493.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 68B92770-B983-452D-B5E2-8FA9F7C3A73C.jpeg
    68B92770-B983-452D-B5E2-8FA9F7C3A73C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 6C51D841-8A7A-4303-8992-9B53CE9D35B7.jpeg
    6C51D841-8A7A-4303-8992-9B53CE9D35B7.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Their disclaimer states:

"CAtuned Off-Road assumes no liability for damages, accidents, or any other incidents that may result from using this hitch receiver for towing purposes. Please be aware that load and pull testing have not been conducted on this product."

The only hitch that has actually been certified (to my knowledge) for towing is the OEM unit, which is not too dissimilar in price

Back
Top Bottom