The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Grenadiers in the wild...

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
I have yet to see a Grenny in the wild. When I first got my R1S I would occasionally see other Rivians, especially the R1Ts, but I've not seen a Grenadier in the wild. I thought on a recent trip to Chicago surely I would see at least one but nope, nada.

Granted, I live is a very rural area so perhaps if I was in SoCal they would be more common.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am planning on doing the Tran Wisconsin Adventure Trail (yes, TWAT) when I get the Grenny.
Easy trails/roads (maybe you've done this too?) Maybe you can do a test run there too.

The Chicago LR group is also planning to do the trails around June too.
The nearest wild out here.

Last edited:

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
I have yet to see a Grenny in the wild. When I first got my R1S I would occasionally see other Rivians, especially the R1Ts, but I've not seen a Grenadier in the wild. I thought on a recent trip to Chicago surely I would see at least one but nope, nada.

Granted, I live is a very rural area so perhaps if I was in SoCal they would be more common.

It will happen when you least expect it. I saw 2 in one day outside Philly.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excluding those seen at purpose events (off road training and a Grenadier GTG), I have yet to see one personally on the road here on the East Coast

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I was quite surprised to see one in my home town of Kent, Ohio. But that is the only one I have seen.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Excluding those seen at purpose events (off road training and a Grenadier GTG), I have yet to see one personally on the road here on the East Coast
Same. Only had one Gren conversation too.

Ccam

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
About 300 miles west of SanAntone.
IMG_7650.jpeg

TRAILMASTER

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I also have yet to see one in the wild in Chicagoland.
Witnessed a sea of Grenny's (90+) today when I visited Knauz dealership on their closed day. I was told yesterday that mine had arrived and being prepped for pickup next week. Hoped to see it first-hand and begin thorough exterior inspection but assuming it truly is there it was nowhere to be spotted. Feeling like it may be a mistaken bad joke and a further delay will ensue?

TRAILMASTER

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am planning on doing the Tran Wisconsin Adventure Trail (yes, TWAT) when I get the Grenny.
Easy trails/roads (maybe you've done this too?) Maybe you can do a test run there too.

The Chicago LR group is also planning to do the trails around June too.
The nearest wild out here.
Unfamiliar with WI but add me as an interested TWAT runner (or better yet TWUP, Trans-Wisconsin / Upper Peninsula routes)
split residency between Chicago and near Traverse City, MI

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Witnessed a sea of Grenny's (90+) today when I visited Knauz dealership on their closed day. I was told yesterday that mine had arrived and being prepped for pickup next week. Hoped to see it first-hand and begin thorough exterior inspection but assuming it truly is there it was nowhere to be spotted. Feeling like it may be a mistaken bad joke and a further delay will ensue?
Maybe it was inside?

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
I didn't manage to snap a pic, but if you were driving north on I-5 in Oregon, I think somewhere between Salem and Portland on Thursday of last week (March 14th) in the early afternoon, we saw you and your Grenadier looked fantastic.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't manage to snap a pic, but if you were driving north on I-5 in Oregon, I think somewhere between Salem and Portland on Thursday of last week (March 14th) in the early afternoon, we saw you and your Grenadier looked fantastic.
Did you get lost - Oregon isn't in Canada 🤣 🤣 🤣

I hope you are well!

Ccam

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Beautiful place for off-roading! It looks that you have the Leitner roof rack? I'm buying one from them.
Jack, they are a fine Company, excellent service and quality. I would buy again.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Did you get lost - Oregon isn't in Canada 🤣 🤣 🤣

I hope you are well!

Yes, we did get lost, but it was on purpose! I had a work conference in Seattle so when that wrapped, I took two days off and we had a little adventure. First night we stumbled upon some hot springs near the Mackenzie River, second night we met up with my D&D group in Eugene, and then we worked our way back along the coast road back to the Frozen North :D Honestly it was one of the best little adventures we've had in a while - only thing that could make it better would be if it was in a Grenadier! I won't derail this thread with pics of my adventure but the Oregon Coast should be on everyone's bucket list!

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Beautiful place for off-roading! It looks that you have the Leitner roof rack? I'm buying one from them.

Hello Ccam - question for you. Are you able to park your IG in your garage? What is your garage height. As it is, the IG is about 6 feet 9 inches without the rack, and that gives me only three inches before I damage my car.

TRAILMASTER

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spotted today in Old Town, Chicago at 5 pm anyone on here?
I live 3 blocks from that corner so touch base!

Attachments

• IMG_1558.jpeg
    IMG_1558.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom