The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Greg Clarkes' Leaving INEOS Automotive

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
I had an email earlier today from Greg expressing his wish that the community be informed of his departure. Its been commented upon elsewhere with quite a bit of speculation, this is the statement from Greg himself.

"Dear Stu and Krabby,

As you likely know by now, I’ve made the decision to step down from my role leading INEOS Automotive Americas to be able to spend time with my family. It has been a huge privilege to lead the establishment INEOS Automotive and launch of Grenadier in the U.S and Canada. What has made this experience extra special are the literally thousands of passionate, supportive enthusiasts along the way.

It’s this enthusiasm that will be the lasting memory of this role. It is enthusiasm and excitement that I have seen in my growing team across the region, but especially on theineosforum.com. What you two have sparked, and what the thousands of Grenadier enthusiasts have grown, is truly exceptional. It has been a weekly feature of discussion within the team and a massive motivator for us all in the face of what felt / feels like endless challenges as we endeavoured to launch this new brand.

To be part of a new, ground-up brand in today’s automotive landscape has been remarkable. However, I am certain that it never would have happened without the expertise, input, debate and support of the folks that participate in the forum every day. You two have provided the platform and focal point for that, for which the team and I (and I’m sure the entire community) are deeply grateful. Thank you very much to you both, and to all the Grenadier enthusiasts.

I’m off to address the work/life balance, to support my wife in her career and to be a better dad. Of course I’ll continue to enjoy (and perhaps participate in, from time to time) the forum discussions. See you out there.

All the best,

Greg

Greg Clark
EVP, Americas

INEOS Automotive"

*forgot the first line.....

Last edited:
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
ohh. Family. That's usually the phrasing used when you go into the board room meeting, unprepared for being the subject of the board room meeting.

This was a huge undertaking. I hope he does well.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
ohh. Family. That's usually the phrasing used when you go into the board room meeting, unprepared for being the subject of the board room meeting.

I have to agree in general when that phrasing is used it’s usually unexpected. I hope all the best for him.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
Passionate and driven people tend to take on more than they can sustain. They are taken advantage of my others without the same qualities of dedication.
Unless you walk a mile in his shoes , it's disingenuous to make negative suppositions or cast negative aspersions.
I wish him all the best.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
Agree with Tazz, long days and late nights takes a toll on the family. Balancing flying around the world and asking your significate other to carry the burden of family while holding down a career can be a marriage killer.

BenTN

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Passionate and driven people tend to take on more than they can sustain. They are taken advantage of my others without the same qualities of dedication.
Unless you walk a mile in his shoes , it's disingenuous to make negative suppositions or cast negative aspersions.
I wish him all the best.
Well said, thank you.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m still trying to figure out who is being disingenuous.
Why do you need to figure it out? I think it was quite genuine and appropriate that he sent a note to Stu and Krabby. Who knows what would’ve become of the launch if the Forum weren’t around for the “beta testers” in Europe/Australia or the early adopters in the US to share their experiences. Whatever the reason for Greg’s departure I wish him the best.

The forum has been a godsend on this vehicle for me. I am not a true “car guy” or off-roader but with everyone’s shared knowledge and experience it has been much easier getting through the quirks and issues we have faced. I look forward to many years of driving my grenadier and hope that whomever takes over is able to expand the reach of Ineos Automotive.

Local time
Reaction score
Why do you need to figure it out? I think it was quite genuine and appropriate that he sent a note to Stu and Krabby. Who knows what would’ve become of the launch if the Forum weren’t around for the “beta testers” in Europe/Australia or the early adopters in the US to share their experiences. Whatever the reason for Greg’s departure I wish him the best.

The forum has been a godsend on this vehicle for me. I am not a true “car guy” or off-roader but with everyone’s shared knowledge and experience it has been much easier getting through the quirks and issues we have faced. I look forward to many years of driving my grenadier and hope that whomever takes over is able to expand the reach of Ineos Automotive.
I’m referring to the Oxford dictionary definition of the word. Who is playing down their knowledge of a subject in order to be insincere? All I see is a straight forward opinion, agree or disagree. (Likely based on experience)

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
For me, it's quite simple. Greg's informed, straightforward, and calm demeanor inspired confidence In a fledgling product when it needed it most and influenced my decision to pull the trigger on a pre-order and purchase. Put that quote on your resume, Greg. I hope his successor can handle the baton pass, builds upon the foundation he laid, and continues to push the brand to new heights. Why Greg is exiting is none of my business, but I wish him well on his homefront and professional path and hope he is proud of what he helped create while with us.

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I have to agree in general when that phrasing is used it’s usually unexpected. I hope all the best for him.
In my honest opinion, it is usually where you stuff up...come on lads everyone has a right to their opinion if it is stated as such (y)

Local time
Reaction score
I have drug up (past tense of drag) from jobs where I was a shareholder and officer, in the company.
And I have been “sacked” as well.
I love corporate speak and idioms.
“We have decided to go in a different direction…”. Love that one. “Seeking new opportunities…” love that one too.

BTW, this personnel change was announced in Crain’s July 16th.

He seemed like a very personable guy.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
I had an email earlier today from Greg expressing his wish that the community be informed of his departure. Its been commented upon elsewhere with quite a bit of speculation, this is the statement from Greg himself.

"Dear Stu and Krabby,

As you likely know by now, I’ve made the decision to step down from my role leading INEOS Automotive Americas to be able to spend time with my family. It has been a huge privilege to lead the establishment INEOS Automotive and launch of Grenadier in the U.S and Canada. What has made this experience extra special are the literally thousands of passionate, supportive enthusiasts along the way.

It’s this enthusiasm that will be the lasting memory of this role. It is enthusiasm and excitement that I have seen in my growing team across the region, but especially on theineosforum.com. What you two have sparked, and what the thousands of Grenadier enthusiasts have grown, is truly exceptional. It has been a weekly feature of discussion within the team and a massive motivator for us all in the face of what felt / feels like endless challenges as we endeavoured to launch this new brand.

To be part of a new, ground-up brand in today’s automotive landscape has been remarkable. However, I am certain that it never would have happened without the expertise, input, debate and support of the folks that participate in the forum every day. You two have provided the platform and focal point for that, for which the team and I (and I’m sure the entire community) are deeply grateful. Thank you very much to you both, and to all the Grenadier enthusiasts.

I’m off to address the work/life balance, to support my wife in her career and to be a better dad. Of course I’ll continue to enjoy (and perhaps participate in, from time to time) the forum discussions. See you out there.

All the best,

Greg

Greg Clark
EVP, Americas

INEOS Automotive"

*forgot the first line.....
Thank you for sharing with us Stu!

Back
Top Bottom