The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fuel Filler

Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
I looked around and cannot find it - is there a picture available of the petrol fuel filler door location, closed and open, with the description of how to access it? Does it require a key or is it a latch, is it on the left or right side, is it capped or like a Volvo with no cap, is it tethered if capped and of so is there a fixture/hook to hold the lanyard? The owners manual doesn’t describe it.

This is a small detail but would appreciate some Insight please. Thanks!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
I can only answer one part - it's on the right side of the vehicle (LHD "passenger" side).

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
I looked around and cannot find it - is there a picture available of the petrol fuel filler door location, closed and open, with the description of how to access it? Does it require a key or is it a latch, is it on the left or right side, is it capped or like a Volvo with no cap, is it tethered if capped and of so is there a fixture/hook to hold the lanyard? The owners manual doesn’t describe it.

It's on the right hand side, so drivers side for RHD and passenger side for LHD
It is a simple push to open and close but can only be opened when engine off
It has a normal quarter turn cap under the door or in the case of the Diesel it has two caps, one for diesel and one for adblue

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score

Sorry no pictures but can confirm the filler cap is on the right. The opening flap is unlocked when you unlock the vehicle with the key fob. A simple push of the flap opens it. The filler neck has a quarter turn filler cap which is tethered. After replacing fuel cap push close the door.
this is for petrol RHD
edit @DaveB beat me to it

Local time
Reaction score
There is a hole in the arm/hinge to put the spike on the cap when filling up

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s interesting that the diesel filler cap has info o it to say diesel. My petrol filler cap is blank and I’ve purchased petrol stickers to put on it and inside hinged cover.
Is that to do with the fuel filler nozzle sizes?

You can't get a diesel nozzle in a petrol filler - it's too big; but you can put a petrol nozzle in a diesel filler.

Hence just a warning on a diesel filler.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is that to do with the fuel filler nozzle sizes?

You can't get a diesel nozzle in a petrol filler - it's too big; but you can put a petrol nozzle in a diesel filler.

Hence just a warning on a diesel filler.
Didn’t know that. Never too old to learn.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
oouch, diesel in petrol nasty, petrol in diesel nasty but slightly less nasty.

would assume those filling stations on the African continent may not have such regulations followed re pipe girth.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score

would assume those filling stations on the African continent may not have such regulations followed re pipe girth.
Not sure about Africa but yes certainly for Russia/Central Asia. Out in the sticks, that is.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife in a hurry once put petrol in our diesel but luckily realised because it was so relatively cheap to fill up! Pushed it to the side of the forecourt, without starting the engine called the RAC and no damage done. I was simultaneously cross with and proud of her!

Local time
Reaction score

Not sure of African pipe girth regulations

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
Here in the US, diesel nozzles are also bright green.

Back
Top Bottom