The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

First time here.

Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
Hello all.
This is my first posting and I'd like to say up until 24 hrs ago, I'd never even heard of an Ineos. So I've spent several hours doing research and I've got say I have found the SUV I've been looking for! My only critique is no diesel engine or manual transmission option. Hopefully in the future, this will be available. Thanks, MJ

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome! I've had mine for a month and so far I'm happy with it.
I like tinkering with my car and this let's me do that. It's also very capable!
You want the lockers and auxillary wiring at a minimum.

I think we're increasingly never going to see manual transmission in new cars. Regulators push for fuel economy is forcing automatic transmission into vehicles due to people can't handle the 8 or 10 gear manuals required for modern emissions rules. I think this is true across the industry.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all.
This is my first posting and I'd like to say up until 24 hrs ago, I'd never even heard of an Ineos. So I've spent several hours doing research and I've got say I have found the SUV I've been looking for! My only critique is no diesel engine or manual transmission option. Hopefully in the future, this will be available. Thanks, MJ
Hi M.J. Lots of great info here. Having the diesel option would have been great, especially since the auto trans mounted up to it is a bit more robust. The way the petrol is tuned, it feels more like a diesel when starting off with low rpm torque and then smooths our on the highway, I like it. Although it is not available as a manual, most of the reviews the 8 speed auto have been very positive and that's my take on it too. DaBull

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
I have the petrol version and this is the first automatic vehicle that I’ve owned. I would never go back to a manual transmission after this. To me that B58 petrol engine and ZF automatic transmission are perfect. Plenty of ower even when fully loaded and off road.

Back
Top Bottom