The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

External Anderson outlets

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score
So, i have been out bush with my trusty Disco 2 and was thinking about solar and air compressor points
On my D2 i have front and rear Anderson plugs going tot eh second battery as I can then pump up tyres and recharge the battery from solar
not having a really good look at the vehicle I have ordered (Trialmaster) any ideas from people who have one where best to mount and feed in the plugs?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:44 PM
Reaction score
So, i have been out bush with my trusty Disco 2 and was thinking about solar and air compressor points
On my D2 i have front and rear Anderson plugs going tot eh second battery as I can then pump up tyres and recharge the battery from solar
not having a really good look at the vehicle I have ordered (Trialmaster) any ideas from people who have one where best to mount and feed in the plugs?
Did you order the electrical prep?

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
yes i did, still not sure if this will suffice??
What do you think?
There is a 25 amp outlet under the bonnet you can put an Anderson on. There is a NATO plug on the rear and I have made up a NATO to Anderson adapter for mine, but there is a relay on it controlled by the software and its a bit of a pain hopefully it may be solved by a software update but if not then I will be removing the relay and making it full time live.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
There is a NATO plug on the rear and I have made up a NATO to Anderson adapter for mine, but there is a relay on it controlled by the software and its a bit of a pain hopefully it may be solved by a software update but if not then I will be removing the relay and making it full time live.
There should be the same relay (Albright) at the front.

As I currently understand it, this is the termination of the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel option and the winch comes with Red Winches supplied cables which hook up to the relay.

Both relays are switched live by a separate 30A relay RL04, protected by a 5A fuse and located under the rear passenger seats (between the starter battery and the 7 way Littel fuse box). It this can be separately switched live then I think it maintains more of the electrical integrity downsteam:

Fuse Box 1B.jpg

Reactions: PBD

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes there is the rel
There should be the same relay (Albright) at the front.

As I currently understand it, this is the termination of the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel option and the winch comes with Red Winches supplied cables which hook up to the relay.

Both relays are switched live by a separate 30A relay RL04, protected by a 5A fuse and located under the rear passenger seats (between the starter battery and the 7 way Littel fuse box). It this can be separately switched live then I think it maintains more of the electrical integrity downsteam:

View attachment 7819524

Yes there is winch relay under the bonnet, but there are also wires which I think either @Jean Mercier or @rovie found that are switched from the high load panel.

Back
Top Bottom