The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Engine warning in France - assistance found

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
Greetings All

Just some feedback on IG dealers Land Service Omerville, 95420 France

We’ve been on a two+ week trip from Ireland to Italy - taking in stops in Switzerland & France along the ways - and I developed an engine warning light when in Chamonix, high in the alps.

The car is packed so I was looking forward to seeing how the car would preform in the alps compared to last year in the manual Disco3 and I have to say the power and auto transmission was fantastic …. Big smiles alround!

However, when I saw the engine light I thought I’d pushed it too far and of course those warnings play tricks on your mind and I thought I could hear all kinds of strange noises etc …. Must be a big problem eeeek!

IG Ireland were available on the phone and having gone through the symptoms suggested I keep driving. 1000km off first service so we’ll get it in soon as I’m home. Right so, off we went.

Of course, my mind wasn’t 100% at ease so we decided to call to an IG dealer outside Paris just to be sure to be sure. Rather than ring ahead we just landed into the courtyard of Land Service Omerville, filled with Grenadiers and old defenders. We were greeting by a smiling Emmanuel. Warm handshake and quick mangled French/Engish conversation (my bad!), he took the car off to the workshop and sent us to a beautiful little cafe for some coffee and treats.

Half hour later the car was back in good order. Light gone - over pressure in the coolant tank(s) diagnosed so removed some juice to solve that and ran an update also. I offered to pay but was gently waved away. Emmanuel just said to tell ye they offer very good value 😅 More handshakes and sincere thanks from us and we were away.

The dealers is in a remote area about an hour from Paris and began life supplying Land Rover parts, rooftop tents and all sorts of O/L gear. Natural fit for IG dealer and I believe they were the first one to open in France. Lovely people with a fine attitude, I can only wish them continued success.

So, good to know there’s a helpful network out there should you run into bother abroad. It’s a story that made me feel good anyway👍

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:01 AM
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the good hint. :love:

This looks like a good Grenadier service point.
No bling, just a sober place to work.

(y)

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:01 AM
Reaction score
I can’t say it was sober …… 😂

Back
Top Bottom