The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Engine Error and Electrics Corrosion

Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
On My Diesel engine at 7500 km during a long journey I got an orange engine warning error.
This had the imeadiate effect of disabling the cruise control. I contacted dealer who advised I could still drive but should have it checked.
Losing cruise control is a normal safety feature to avoid engine damage.
Before the appointment with the dealer the eror code went away, and I regained cruise control.
To be safe I still had the dealer check things over. In the process got the rror code back, and again lost cruise control.
The Dealer LG Autos in Perigeux France found that the connector to the add blue level corroded. they then checked other connectors and found similar corrosion issues.
They asked had I done any wading. I had on a couple of occasions past through fresh water stream crossings of up to 50 cm depth.
They explained this should not have been a problem, but none the less my connectors would need replacing. We are now waiting on parts from INEOS before they can complete the waranty repairs.
I am a brit living in France so I struggle a little with communicating with the French Mechanics. I think I have understood their explanation of my problem, but am not 100% sure.
Has any one else had this issue, and is there a problem with a particular generation set of electrical components that will result in more of us seeing this issue.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
Adblue is very corrosive, possibly not the cause but the advice is never to spill any when topping up.
I know I spilt some when I refilled!

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom