The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

EMP Shield

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
Does this EMP Shield really work? If it does, I might consider it, given that the Grenadier has a post-apocalyptic built-on-purpose vibe. ;)

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
Here’s a DOD guide addressing EMP. Note the multiple attack vectors a High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse creates. Surge protection is but one.

The question isn’t “if” this will happen but “when and how”. In the USA our entire electrical grid is exposed to this risk, regardless if its created naturally by a Sun flare (Carrington Event) or nuclear detonation. It’s estimated it will take $100 Billion to secure the grid, but if the grid fails they expect a 90% population die-off within the first 6 months (was 12) of where the event affects (see “The Road” book and movie).

So having an operable vehicle with an extended range to get the hell out of dodge isn’t a bad plan, just in case…

Last edited:

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
That's a bottle of Macallan 18. If were gonna start lobbin' Nukes, I'd rather have that. Much much more useful.
I like the way you think even though I don't drink.

Back
Top Bottom