The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
IMG_6141.jpegIMG_6142.jpegIMG_6275.jpegIMG_6273.jpegIMG_6183.jpeg

Got the rig back from Eibach last Thursday, packed it up with about a total of 500lbs on top of the already present accessories, and headed up to Sequoia National Forest. Tires were aired up to 42 in the front and 47 in the rear. Car handled well with the new HD springs in the rear combined with the new piggyback shocks. Less body roll and a little bit less sag compared to the standard USA spec springs. Mind you, the flipped orientation is because these are the prototypes and they needed to adjust the angle of the upper mounts to accommodate the piggybacks, so the final product will be oriented “right side up”.

Once unloaded and on the trail the car did great. Much more compliant with far less body roll, better compression and rebound with a more “firm” feel in the full length of the travel range rather than the squishy feel with the factory shocks. The shocks feel like they soak up the small chatter better and definitely feel more planted over the big hits.

On the road unloaded, the car handles way better than factory. It does feel more “firm” but not harsh, so a bit more responsive for what the car is. With the 35’s I run at 36-37 psi front and rear unladen on the road and it’s comfortable.

They are still working on the front stabilizer, 2.5 shocks, and 1000lb HD springs. The current 500lb HD springs and piggyback shocks should be available within the next few weeks per Eibach. Price has not been announced yet but I’m guessing they’re shooting for the $250-$300 range for the shocks, unsure about the springs. I’m super grateful to be part of the development process and bring back real world experience from the community to help them design the optimal product for us! Please let me know if you have any questions and what your thoughts are!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7859922View attachment 7859923View attachment 7859924View attachment 7859925View attachment 7859926

Got the rig back from Eibach last Thursday, packed it up with about a total of 500lbs on top of the already present accessories, and headed up to Sequoia National Forest. Tires were aired up to 42 in the front and 47 in the rear. Car handled well with the new HD springs in the rear combined with the new piggyback shocks. Less body roll and a little bit less sag compared to the standard USA spec springs. Mind you, the flipped orientation is because these are the prototypes and they needed to adjust the angle of the upper mounts to accommodate the piggybacks, so the final product will be oriented “right side up”.

Once unloaded and on the trail the car did great. Much more compliant with far less body roll, better compression and rebound with a more “firm” feel in the full length of the travel range rather than the squishy feel with the factory shocks. The shocks feel like they soak up the small chatter better and definitely feel more planted over the big hits.

On the road unloaded, the car handles way better than factory. It does feel more “firm” but not harsh, so a bit more responsive for what the car is. With the 35’s I run at 36-37 psi front and rear unladen on the road and it’s comfortable.

They are still working on the front stabilizer, 2.5 shocks, and 1000lb HD springs. The current 500lb HD springs and piggyback shocks should be available within the next few weeks per Eibach. Price has not been announced yet but I’m guessing they’re shooting for the $250-$300 range for the shocks, unsure about the springs. I’m super grateful to be part of the development process and bring back real world experience from the community to help them design the optimal product for us! Please let me know if you have any questions and what your thoughts are!
Hi Bodhi, Thanks for working with Eibach on the spring and shocks. Looks like your collaboration is producing some nice results.
Keep the feed back coming in. DaBull

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey @Bodhi’s Grenadier ... thank you for sharing all this! I'm on the cusp today of ordering the existing 2.5" Eibach spring kit (2.5" front, 1.2" rear) to pair with 255/85R17s on my almost-delivered vehicle.

I understand the existing kit might leave the rear lower than the front (sad face) while I much prefer the utility and look of a *slightly* higher rear end if anything.

I'd wait but I want to get the those tires and they're 35-ish so I can't do it without a lift. Do you know if the HD/taller kit will still use the same 2.5" front springs as today? i.e. will Eibach sell just the taller rear springs if I want to spring for the preferred rears down the road? (Maybe avoiding another front/alignment/caster check when that happens also.)

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey @Bodhi’s Grenadier ... thank you for sharing all this! I'm on the cusp today of ordering the existing 2.5" Eibach spring kit (2.5" front, 1.2" rear) to pair with 255/85R17s on my almost-delivered vehicle.

I understand the existing kit might leave the rear lower than the front (sad face) while I much prefer the utility and look of a *slightly* higher rear end if anything.

I'd wait but I want to get the those tires and they're 35-ish so I can't do it without a lift. Do you know if the HD/taller kit will still use the same 2.5" front springs as today? i.e. will Eibach sell just the taller rear springs if I want to spring for the preferred rears down the road? (Maybe avoiding another front/alignment/caster check when that happens also.)
I replied to your DM. But yes, Eibach will sell just the heavier rear springs. If loading down I’d plan for the 500lb had spring or eventual 1000lb spring depending on how heavy you’ll go!

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Bodhi, Thanks for working with Eibach on the spring and shocks. Looks like your collaboration is producing some nice results.
Keep the feed back coming in. DaBull
It’s definitely been fun getting this stuff developed! I’m glad to have been able to help get this stuff out to everyone as quickly as possible! 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Back
Top Bottom