The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Effect of tires on ride?

Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
I'm interested in the Grenadier and took the two-hour drive to my nearest dealer to do a test drive. Unfortunately they didn't have the Trialmaster with KO2s available to drive and so I ended up driving the Fieldmaster model with the more road-oriented tires (Bridgestone Dueler?). I thought the ride quality in terms of both noise on road and harshness over broken pavement was quite good, but it left me wondering if that would still be the case with the KO2 tire that I would want to run. Does anyone have experience either owning or test driving both tires? If so, how would you describe the difference in noise and ride quality?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
I've a loaner from @Rusnak INEOS Grenadier, had it for a week now and it is a base station wagon with the Duelers. My Grenadier is a trialmaster with winch. The Duelers are a little more quiet on road, this vehicle feels a little nimbler and the steering slightly less heavy and the suspension slightly softer, barely..

Now how much of that is due to this vehicle having 1K on the clock and mine being at 8K and having being a trialmaster with winch spec springs is anyones guess.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
I would imagine that tire pressure would be more important than the tire itself. When I got my truck with KO2s they were inflated to over 40psi in the front and 46 in the rear I think which was too much for an unladen vehicle.

Reduced to 36 all around and that softened things up. BFG and others have load charts you can go by. Good to weigh out on a cat scale to see what weights you are actually at on each axle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom