The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Drivers door rattle after garaging

RJCali

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:10 PM
Reaction score
So I have been away for a couple of weeks. The Grenadier was parked in the garage. I get back in it over the weekend and there is a crazy irritating door rattle from inside the Door Trim. I removed the central lower screw but the Trim was still very snug to the metalwork. Using a Trim tool I managed to create enough space for the following parts to fall out of the Door!

Anyone else had these random loose trim clips? The loose Nub part below seems like it's from another one of the full clips - so I'm now just waiting for that part to become loose and rattle. I wonder if the constant door slamming to get them to close is too much for these little fellas?

IMG_3478.jpegIMG_3477.jpeg

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
Based on the pictures I have seen the clips are “captive” to the door panel and I really don’t think it would break based on the door slamming, but rather likely an issue on the door panel installation - ie not lining up the door panel to the holes at install. My guess is that the clip broke and was stuck in the door and eventually worked its way to the bottom and fell out. There have been a number of reports of broken clips as part of the door panel removal process, but I have been unable to get a part number. INEOS doesn’t have a part number for the panel clips, but based on the pictures it appears they are relatively common on the door and other interior panels with a couple exceptions - there are some that are different colors, but again - since there are no part number for any of the clips it is very hard to tell if they are really different.

FWIW - I have never seen a clip with the back shown in the pictures, but it looks like a well made part with the seal designed to contact the metal to avoid the plastic directly contacting the metal and eventually squeaking.

Attachments

• IMG_0091.png
    IMG_0091.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0096.png
    IMG_0096.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

RJCali

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Based on the pictures I have seen the clips are “captive” to the door panel and I really don’t think it would break based on the door slamming, but rather likely an issue on the door panel installation - ie not lining up the door panel to the holes at install. My guess is that the clip broke and was stuck in the door and eventually worked its way to the bottom and fell out. There have been a number of reports of broken clips as part of the door panel removal process, but I have been unable to get a part number. INEOS doesn’t have a part number for the panel clips, but based on the pictures it appears they are relatively common on the door and other interior panels with a couple exceptions - there are some that are different colors, but again - since there are no part number for any of the clips it is very hard to tell if they are really different.

FWIW - I have never seen a clip with the back shown in the pictures, but it looks like a well made part with the seal designed to contact the metal to avoid the plastic directly contacting the metal and eventually squeaking.
Yes actually my first thought was what a neat design - looks well engineered, apart from it being broken and all... Thanks for your input.

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
So I have been away for a couple of weeks. The Grenadier was parked in the garage. I get back in it over the weekend and there is a crazy irritating door rattle from inside the Door Trim. I removed the central lower screw but the Trim was still very snug to the metalwork. Using a Trim tool I managed to create enough space for the following parts to fall out of the Door!

Anyone else had these random loose trim clips? The loose Nub part below seems like it's from another one of the full clips - so I'm now just waiting for that part to become loose and rattle. I wonder if the constant door slamming to get them to close is too much for these little fellas?

View attachment 7862812View attachment 7862813
Interesting 🧐
I have a slightly irritating noise too, but it’s more of a vibration after reaching 1800 rpm under load. Haven’t found the cause yet 😞

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just got my truck back from the dealer. I had mentioned the rattling in the door and they couldn’t replicate it but they did say the door seals were making noise. They lubricated them with something, silicone maybe? Anyway since I’ve had it back I haven’t heard the rattle noise. They also removed the door panel to look for any loose parts and found nothing. I did notice the exact same noise in the loaner Grenadier they gave me.

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
Had same. Only fix I found was to coat the seals with something. I used IceX from Goodrich only because I had it on hand. I think some sort of commercially available dry silicone lube ought to work as well, although haven’t tried it. Seems like that would be a somewhat equivalent product for a more reasonable price. Coated mine about a month ago and still silent. Think they need to change the supplier/texture/material on the door seals.

Back
Top Bottom